Chapter 8 : Hesitation

No One's POV

“I didn’t find anything so far. I’ve been following her around yesterday, she live with her friend, and they doesn’t seem to be going anywhere until about half past one. They went out with Charlotte, they ate at a cafe, meet up with Charlotte’s friends, and just hang out until almost midnight. Then Jade went out for a run. I was going to break into her house when they went out, but it got some security system installed.” Aiden reported to Emily, Emily get up from her sit and paced around the room.

“I’ll ask Nolan to hack into it, and I’ll go into the house when they’re out.” She says stoping and, grabing her purse.

“Get her hair while you’re at it.” Aiden says.

“Of course. And I’ll ask Nolan if he could help me get that blood test from the bullet.” She says, refering to the bullet she shot that night. “Love you.” She continues, then earning a kiss from Aiden.

“Love you too.” He says, after they break out of the kiss.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Jade is at her secret basement, talking to Nolan on a secure line, just in case. “What do you think? Is it great? Or should I change the list?” Jade asks, after sending Nolan the guest list for her housewarming party.

“I think it’s okay for a rookie at party throwing.” Nolan jokes.

“Huh yeah, thanks. And you’re saying you’re the master then?”

“Well as much as I want to have that throne, it is already earned by the queen of the Hampton. But I think the last party I had throwned push my rank up a lot.”

“Well I think I can beat you once everybody has come to my party.”

“We’ll see, but –“Nolan stops when he hears something. “Someone’s coming, gotta go.” He quickly hangs up. Nolan quickly startup a game on his phone, and pretending to talk while playing it.

“What are you doing?” Emily asks when she sees Nolan.

“You know, relaxing before I have another task from you.” He teases her, and smile widely.

Emily smirk, “You can hack into a security system right?” She asks.

“Of course, who is your next target?” Nolan asks, still having that smile on his face.

“Not really a target, just an investigation. On Jade Campbell.”

“Why?” Nolan asks shocked, but keeping his cool.

“I’m sure there’s something about her, I can feel it. I’m going to check her house when they are out.”

“O-Kay... But what about the Graysons? You can’t make this girl slow you down right?” Nolan says, trying to stop her from doing it.

“I need to find out if this girl is a threat or not, if she is, then I need to stop her.” Emily says, determination clear on her voice.

“Well, I’ll do it when you need it, though I must warn you that it has been a long time since I’ve donesome hacking and stuff.”

“I’ll call you when it’s time.” She stops, then changes the topic. “Do you know how to check whoose blood this is?” Emily asks, showing him the bullet in a plastic bag.

“Uh, maybe... When did that happen? Are you okay?” Nolan asks, confuse and concern at the same time.

“I’m fine... It’s from someone that I shot the other night, he or she were listening to me and Aiden’s conversation.”