Chapter 10 : Family Dinner

"Are you serious? Why would you tell her that?" Jade spats to the phone, furious. Walking away from the dinner she's preparing.

Nolan feels really guilty about it, its hard being on two sides. "I'm sorry, its just reflex to tell the truth to Emily."

Jade pace the room, trying to calm herself down. She realize she is being too hard on Nolan, she should be grateful that he's helping her at all. "No, I'm sorry, I shouldn't get mad at you."

"I'm use to it, after many years with Ems, that was nothing. But you don't keep anything suspicious out in the open right?" Nolan asks, opening his laptop, preparing for his hacking duty.

"Yeah I don't, but if she place it in the basement near the entrance, I will get caught." Jade says, now opening her laptop too, and put it so the screen is facing away from the window. "Do you think it will be suspicious if I install an alarm just for the basement door?" She asks, now comfortably sited on the floor behind her couch, leaning on it.

"Maybe, but considering what's in your basement, I don't think it will be too suspicious. You're just a paranoid home owner." Nolan jokes.

Jade chuckles, Nolan can always lighten up the mood. "How about the bullets? Did you tell her yet?"

"No, maybe tomorrow." Nolan pauses, remembering something. "Speaking of, you didn't go to the hospital?!" Nolan says, his overprotective side taking over.

Jade sighs, "I can't risk it, not with Aiden following me."

"What if you're infected? I'll call in a private doctor to come by." Nolan says quickly.

"No! He is still watching me from somewhere, if he sees a doctor came by it will make things worse. I already taken care of it, don't worry."

"You know what I hate about you so far?"

Jade raise an eyebrow, "What?"

"That you're as stubborn as your sister."

The phone call was disturbed by a knock on the door, Jade turn and pop his head up, just enough to see who's on the door. Seeing Emily on the porch, she quickly sit back down and close her laptop. Taylor who's still in the kitchen glance at Jade and gets the door

"Emily's here, gotta go." Jade hangs up gets up. She walks towards the door, but placing her laptop on the desk first.

"Hey!" Taylor greets Emily as she open the door.

"Hi, I just want to give the RSVP."

Jade finally reach the front door. "Emily!"

"Jade, here you go, the RSVP." Emily hands her the RSVP. Jade look at it, seeing a tick on the 'Accept with Pleasure' and Emily and Daniel's name on it.

Out of nowhere, Charlotte appears. "Hey..." Charlotte looks at Jade and Taylor, she stop and glance slightly at Emily before continuing walking inside. "I'll wait at the living room."

"Kay, wait a sec." Jade reply.

"Charlotte..." Emily calls, stopping Charlotte and making her turn around. "Emily." Charlotte says, turning back around and sitting on the couch.

"I think I'll get going, I don't want keep you."

"Ah, no... We're just about to have dinner. Charlotte's joining us."

Before Emily could respond, Charlotte interrupt. "You should join us Emily, invite Daniel too." It surprised both Emily and Jade, Emily of course feels happy deep down. But she still wonder if Charlotte really means it or not. "I would love to, but is it okay?" Emily asks, shifting back to Jade.