Chapter 3 : You're Caught

You’re Caught

I hide under the bed, as the footsteps get closer, and shadow stars to show, forming the silhouette of the person. I stay there, heart beating fast, not knowing how to explain myself if I get caught. Staring at the floor, seeing the shoes of the person that is finally here, in the same room as me. Then I remember that I recognize that shoes, quickly but carefully I take a peek at the person’s face, and there she is, my best friend Taylor. I crawled out of there, and Taylor laughs out, while confusedly ask, “What are you doing there?”

“I thought you were someone else, anyway what are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to arrive tomorrow?” I ask, picking up my stuff.

“Yeah, but I flew to New York today, and thinking I’ll spend the night in New York. But I just decided to go here today, you don’t get my text?”

“My phone is on silence, c’mon lets go.”

“Where?” She asks confusedly.

“To my house.”

“Wait, this isn’t your house?” She says surprise.

“Nope, I already text you my address right?”

“Yeah but I thought that you send the wrong address, I see you in here through the window before so I thought this is your house...”

“Well it’s not... I’ll explain later.”

We quickly get out of Emily’s house and go to my house.

“So whose house was that?”

“My sister’s...”

“You mean Amanda Clarke’s house?” She asks.

“Yeah...”

“Who’s living there now?”

“My sister...”

“Amanda Clarke?!”

“Yup...”

“I thought you say she was dead?”

“Because I thought she was... But when I go to the Hamptons to visit her grave, well what I thought was her grave, I decided to see how my sister used to live, and one thing lead to another... I eavesdropped in many conversations, and there’s a conversation between my real sister and Nolan that made me realize that she’s my real sister.”

“So... Who’s the one that died?”

“Emily Thorne... My sister and her change identity, so now my sister is Emily Thorne... She is here for Revenge.”

“Wow.... That’s.... Crazy....”

“I know...”

“So are you here to help her or what?”

“I don’t know... What I want is just to keep her safe... Keep both of my sisters safe...”

“Both of your sisters!”

“Charlotte Grayson or Charlotte Clarke is her name... She’s a Grayson, but she changes her name to Charlotte Clarke on her birthday.” I say, and I can see that she is still processing all the things that I have just told her.

After a brief pause she finally speaks, “So you have two sisters, one of them is out for Revenge, One of them is from the Graysons, and is she older or younger than you?”

”She’s younger than me.”

“Okay one older sister and one younger sister... God! I don’t mean to sound harsh but this is a bit messed up...”