Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"SERIOUSLY? Why didn't you tell me sooner?!" Jade says, talking to the phone while waking up from the stool she was sitting at and walk towards the door.

"Okay, I'll take care of it." She hangs up, walking back in to the Stowaway.

"Sorry about that, really don't mean to shout."

"No, it's fine." Jack says, waving it off. "What's wrong?" He asks leaning forward, placing his hands on the counter.

"My assistant mixed up the order for the cake that I'm using for the opening of my store tomorrow. And now I have to find a bakery that makes great cake and doesn't have any order." Jade sigh, taking her wallet and putting down some money at the bar. "I guess I better get going." And with that she get up the stool and started walking.

"Hey wait!" Jack shouted, making Jade stops and turn. "You know we have someone that are great at baking and maybe she will be interested." Jack started walking towards Jade. "Here, let me introduce you."

Jack leads Jade to the kitchen, where Sara is working. "I'm sure you've seen her around." Jack continued. They walk to the back and finally get to Sara. "Hey Sara."

"Hey Jack. What can I do for you?" Sara look towards Jack, then Jade.

"This is Jade." Jack introduce her, "And this is Sara."

"Hey!" The two of them shake their hand, and Jack continues to talk. "Jade here need a baker to bake a cake for her shop. And I thought maybe you could do it."

"Sure yeah, we can just discus what you want and I can make it. When do you need it for?" Sara asks, following Jack who is leading them out of the kitchen.

Jade turn to Sara, making the three of them stop. "That's the thing. I need it for tomorrow."

"Oh, wow... That's..."

"I know you can do it, you can start now." Jack quickly says.

"Ok I can do it, of course." Sara accepted the offer.

"You sure you're fine with it?"

"Yeah of course, the bar isn't that packed." They continue walking and Jack goes back to the bar.

"Thank you so much. So you want to go now?" Jade asks.

"Yeah, let's go. I'll grab my stuff." Sara goes to the back, and return a while later with her bag. "Ok, c'mon."

"Bye Jack, thank you again."

"It's nothing." Jack gives a wave of his hand. Sara and Jade walk out of the Stowaway, and get into Jade's car. The two of them discuss the design, taste, they buy the ingredients, and drive to Jade's house.

"So here it is." Jade says as she puts down the shopping bags on the kitchen counter.

"This is great, do you like to cook? Or bake?" Sara asks, also placing the bags down.

"Yeah I like cooking and baking, but I'm not that good at baking."

"Well it's all in the precision. Anyway I think I'll start baking." Sara started to takes out the ingredients and taking some equipments.

"Alright, I'll be in the basement if you need anything."

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

The opening of the store went perfectly, the cake was awesome, the crowd was amazing, and it was all perfect. Jade is now in her secret basement, with Nolan beside her talking plans on her first takedown.