The girl next door

"Mom I don't want to go. Dad would've let me stay with Aunt Carol"I argued. I haven't seen my mom in 6 years.she lives in England. I think a small town called Holmes chapel or was it Cheshire. You know what I don't even care. She has called me a couple of times but I don't like her. She broke my dad's heart by cheating on him. That's why they divorced. And she breaks it even more by marrying the guy.

"Your coming Mel whether you like it or not"

"It's Melanie"I spat. Fucking bitch. Good thing once I turn 18 I can leave and finally go to Juilliard. I'm 17 I turn 18 in June. It's December. I have a full scholarship to go to Juilliard. I'm a music and dance prodigy. Mom wants me to be a lawyer. I told her to go to hell.

"You'll like it there"Adam or my moms husband said.

I scoffed. I checked my watch and I was late. I have to take it soon.

"Are there yet"I asked. I was looking out the window. It helps a little. I have a fear of cars. Mom is lucky I'm not hyperventilating.

"Why are you so fidgety"mom asked.

"Why are you such a bitch"I pulled my knees up to my chest and laid my head on my knees. I started listening to music. And I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to a door being opened and cold air. I'm am so going to hate this place. I'm used to being in Miami Florida not the cold gloomy place known as England.

I looked to my side and screamed.

There was a girl with brown hair and green eyes. She looked like she is in her twenties.

"I'm Gemma you must be Melanie"she stuck her hand out and I shaked her hand.

"Oh sorry"she got out of the car and I did as well. I'm surprised because of 2 things. 1. I am actually surprised I actually slept. I haven't in the passed few weeks since the incident. And 2. That I talked.

"Sorry for scaring you."she said. I just smile kindly an nodded.

"You don't talk much do"she asked. I shook my head no.

It's true i haven't talked much well since the incident. Which reminds me I have to go.

"We could hang out if you want"I said. I don't know where that came from.

She smiled bigger and nodded.

"So your Kristen and Adams daughter"she said.

"Adams not my dad he's my step dad and yeah Kristen is my mother"I looked at my shoes. They need to be washed. And I need new shoes.

"Where's your dad"she asked. I cringed and pointed up with my finger.

By the look on her face I can tell she got what I was trying to say.

She gave me look of pity.

"Don't look at me like that please. I'm fine"I lied I'm not fine but I am getting annoyed by people looking at me with a face of pity.

"Can we go inside I'm not used to this weather"I said. I had this on:www.polyvore.com/untitled_29/set?...

I know my mom said it was going to be cold but I didn't think it was going to be this cold.

"I can tell here let me help"before I could protest Gemma grabbed my bag and ran into her house?? Did she just steal my bag?

I closed the door and grabbed my back pack and knocked on the door.

A women opened the door.

"Oh you must be Melanie it's so nice to meet you"she gave me a hug. And I awkwardly hugged back.