Chapter 12

I gathered all of my breath.

"I do." Ethan turned to walk away but I grabbed his arm. "But. What I feel for Grayson is nothin more than lust. What I feel for you is so much more than that. You make me want to wake up every morning. You make me happy. I'm myself with you and that isn't something that happens very often." His face softened and he grabbed my hand.

"Are you sure this -- us-- is really what you want?" Everything around us ceased to exist. In that moment the only thing that mattered was Ethan. I took a step closer to him and put my hands on his chest.

"It's all I really want." I stood up on my tip toes and softly kissed him.

"What about me?" Grayson asked from behind us, bringing back reality.

"What about you? That's for you to decide. I'm willing to be friends with you and nothing more. I've made my choice and you can either accept it or walk away."

"Okay." He muttered and headed back to the party.

"So where are we going?" I turned back to Ethan and wrapped my arms around his waist, looking up at him. He put his arms around me and bent close to my face.

"It's a secret." He whispered before quickly giving me a peck on the lips. "Let's go." He reluctantly released me and turned back to the car and opened the passenger door.

"If you are going to kill me could you at least feed me first?" I joked although I was pretty hungry.

"Of course princess." He winked and grinned at me as I got into the car. He closed the door behind me and walked over to the drivers side and started the car.

"Did I tell you how good you look tonight?" He smirked and ,very obviously, checked me out.

"Nope. I think we skipped that." I smiled at him, even though I could feel my face turning pink.

"Well, you do." He turned bright red and face palmed himself, making me laugh. "I'm so bad at this."

"You're trying too hard. When you don't try you are actually a major flirt." I was still laughing a little.

"Stop laughing at me its not very nice." He pouted and threw his head back like a child.

"When have you ever known me to be nice?" I grinned.

"This is true." He chuckled and buckled his seat belt. "Where do you want to go eat?"

"Do you have some big elaborate plan about tonight?" He shook his head. "Then how about we go back to my house and order some takeout?"

He gasped and put his hand over his chest sarcastically "Are you trying to take advantage of me Miss?"

I shoved his shoulder and rolled my eyes.

"That sounds great to me." With our plan made we began the drive back to my place which was only like 5 minutes.

"So my mom might still be at work and Noah gets out soon so he'll probably join us but for now it'll just be us. I'm just going to go change you can wait here or wherever it doesn't matter." I opened the door and flicked on the lights before tossing my keys on the side table.

"I'll come upstairs with you." I gave him a look that said 'I don't think so mister'. "I'm not going to watch you change or anything I just don't want to wait down here."

"Fine. Cmon." I took his hand and pulled him up to my room. I grabbed my pajamas and went to the bathroom to change then came back and started taking off my makeup. The whole time, Ethan walked around my room looking at the pictures and decorations.