Chapter 2

I didn't call Ethan this weekend because I had a feeling that it wasn't actually his number and he would just laugh with his friends about it. I didn't really have the time to either. I was unpacking most of the time and when I wasn't unpacking me and my mom were out buying stuff that we needed for the house that we didn't bring. We had to get a couch, new plates and stuff like that, and we wanted to get new bed sheets.

"Bye mom. I'll see you after school." I kissed her cheek and grabbed by Starbucks from the fridge.

"I have an interview this afternoon so I won't be home until later. Go out after school make some friends." I nodded and left. When I got to school I ended up being really early so I just sat on the bench and scrolled through my Instagram.

"Hey." I looked up from my phone and Ethan was standing in front of me with his hands in his pockets.

"Hey." I moved my bag off the bench so he could sit and locked my phone.

"You didn't call me this weekend. Did I offend you or something? I didn't mean to."

"Nah it's not that. I just had a feeling it was a fake number so I didn't feel like makin' a fool of my self." His mouth fell open and he looked kind of hurt.

"That's the kind of guy you think I am?" I shrugged and he looked more hurt.

"It's just what I'm used to. Where I'm from no one talked to me so coming here and having the popular lacrosse players talk to me is weird." He nodded slowly, as if he understood.

"Well I am not popular at all I only have like one or two friends." I was shocked, he looked like he ruled the school.

"Hey Aria. I was wondering if I could show you around today after school and maybe get some ice cream or something?" I looked up and it was Grayson asking me. I saw Ethan roll his eyes and throw his head back out of the corner of my eye.

"I'd love to Gray. Thank you." He smiled at me.

"Okay I will meet you at your house around 3?" I nodded and he took out his phone.

"Here, put your number in and I will call you when I'm on my way so you can give me your address." I took his phone and typed in my number before handing it back to him. He smiled at me again. "See you in first period." He winked at me and headed into the school.

I was excited for later. I don't know if it was a date but a part of me kind of hoped so. I looked over to Ethan and he was shaking his head.

"What?"

"You should've said no. I love my brother but you should've said no."

"Why? Because it's not you?" He laughed.

"He's a player." I looked at him confused.

"Gray is a good guy, he's so also your brother. Why would you say that?"

"I know he's my brother that's why I can say that, but if you really want to you can see for yourself, just don't say I didn't warn you." He pushed off the bench and went in the building, leaving me alone.

I wasn't sure if Ethan was being honest and was trying to look out for me or if he was just saying that to make himself look better.

Ethan's POV~

I tried to warn her but I doubt that it would help anything. She would probably still fall for him.

I don't know why I cared so much about Gray hurting Aria but I did. I care a lot. I don't want to see her hurt by him. She's different then a lot of the girls here. Who knows maybe Gray actually likes her. Maybe she could be the girl that changes him. Yeha, right.