Chapter 10

Today was the first day back at school since I decided to give both of the twins a chance but my heart isn't in it all the way. I wasn't sure how it would go.

Saturday was great with Ethan. We had a great time and he made me happy but I also couldn't forget that there may have been some truth to what Grayson told me. Noah is staying at my house so I can talk it out with him but he's been busy with his family and his job.

"Good luck today let me know if you need anything." Noah told me as I got ready to leave.

"Thanks I think I'm gonna need it." I sighed and left the house. I plugged my head phones into my ears and walked to school. When I got there I saw the twins car parked in the usual spot and sighed. I took the headphones from my ears and walked into the building. Standing by my locker was Grayson and all of his compadres, except Ethan wasn't there.

"Hey there pretty lady." He winked at me, leaning against my locker. I rolled my eyes and attempted to push him off my locker. Instead, he folded his arms across his chest and signaled for his posse to leave.

"What's up Gray." I stood in front of him waiting for him to move.

"I missed you." He pushed off my locker with his foot and placed his hands on my waist.

"Well you see I was actually at your house on Saturday but you apparently had better things to do." I pulled his hands from my waist and pushed past him to my locker.

He dropped his head and gazed at the floor. "I made plans."

"Yeah with me which you blew off. I'm not going to play your games Grayson. You'll get over that real quick." I slammed my locker shut and glared back at him.

"Aria-" I cut him off.

"I have a class to get to." I shoved past him purposely hitting him with my shoulder and headed down the hall to my class.

"Ari! Wait up!" I heard a voice call from behind me. I stopped and turned around to see none other than the Ethan Dolan jogging over to me.

"Hey E." I smiled at him. It was a genuine smile that he could bring to my face despite how angry his brother made me.

"Hey. You okay? You seemed kind of mad." We walked together to our next class and continued to talk.

"Your brother just really pisses me off sometimes. I'm fine though." I half smiled at him.

"Yeah you aren't the only one." He chuckled. "So how was the rest of your weekend?" He asked, a grin on his face.

"It was okay I just have a lot on my mind." I faked a smile.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked sweetly.

"No. You should get to class though I'll see you later." I turned into my classroom to see he was still following.

"Uh Ari we have the same class." He furrowed his eyebrows and sat at his seat on the side of me. We didn't talk for the remainder of the class. The whole class I sat there staring blankly at the floor while the teacher droned on about some nonsense.

"Ari. It's time to go the bell just rang." Ethan was gently shaking my arm, pulling me out of the trance.

"Sorry. Let's go." I faked a smile and grabbed my stuff.

"Here's my two favorite people." I heard someone say as they threw their arms over me and Ethan's shoulders.

"Someone's happy." Ethan muttered shoving Grayson's arm off of him.

"Well I was just told that Ryan's parents are away for the week and he is having a party tonight." He kept his arm slung over my shoulder and smiled down at me. "Would you like to be my date Ariadne?" I looked up at him in confusion. From the corner of my eye I could see Ethan rolling his eyes. "What?"

"Grayson it's Monday, who even has parties on Mondays?" At this he laughed.

"Ahh sweetheart, all the best parties are the unexpected ones." He winked, making my heart flutter, and walked off.

"I gotta go to class. I'll see you later?"

"Yeah see ya." I waved Ethan off and turned into my next class.

The day continued on quietly until lunch.

"Aria! Are you coming to the party tonight? Who am I kidding you're with these guys you don't have much of a choice." Isaac laughed punching Grayson on the shoulder.

"I don't know we'll see. The party scene isn't really my thing." Anymore, I thought to myself.

"Cmon Aria. It'll be fun. Everyone will be there." Grayson pleaded, batting his eyelashes. I looked to Ethan who just shrugged.

"Fine I'll go. But the minute it gets boring I'm leaving." I huffed and crossed my arms across my chest. The entire group cheered at this and the bell dismissed us from lunch.

"Cmon I'll walk you to class." Grayson held his hand out for me and I took it. At this he smiled and guided me from the cafeteria, never releasing my hand from his. Ethan was no where in sight. "Aria I am really sorry about Saturday. I just got nervous about you coming over to the house and kinda freaked out. I do really really like you and I've never had this happen to me before so I don't know how to act. This is all new to me. I'm a hit it and quit it kind of guy, or at least I was until you came around, but that's all changed now. Please. Let me make it up to you." By now we were stopped in front of my class and he was holding both of my hands, looking down at me.

"Grayson you can't just be one way when it's just us and change when anyone else is around. You are sweet with me but then anyone else comes around and you act like you couldn't give two shits. I don't know which is the real you and I won't let that be my life." He took a step closer to me.

"I know. I don't want that either. I just- I don't know. I'm working on it. Please just let me try to show you?"

"Fine. But Grayson I swear to fuck-"

"I know I know. I won't let you down I swear. I'll pick you up at 8?"

"Okay."

"Yay. See you then, princess." He kissed my forehead and headed to his own class. My forehead felt hot and tingly where his lips had been.

What. Is. Happening. To. Me.