Chapter 9

When I woke up the next morning Noah wasn't in the room. I wondered if the past few days were just a dream and didn't actually happen, until he walked in.

"Sorry Ari, I went to take a shower but I didn't want to wake you."

"It's fine. How ya feeling?"

"I'm good. Thank you for last night."

"It's what best friends are for, right?" He smiled at me and jumped on the bed.

"What are your plans for the day?" He asked, laying his head on my lap.

"I don't know. I'm probably just gonna finish unpacking everything."

"Boriiiinngg." He shouted, so I smacked his forehead.

"I don't have anything better to do. It's not like I have any other friends." He boosted himself up with one arm.

"Yeah well this one has work today. So you're on your own. Unless..." He got off the bed and grabbed my phone from the beuro "You call up them twins." He said while wiggling my phone in his hand.

"I think not. I'd rather stay home and unpack boxes all day."

"You can't just be a loner when I'm not around. It's Saturday. Kids our age do fun things on Saturday, not unpack boxes."

"I'm not like kids our age."

"Tell me 'bout it." He rolled his eyes. "How bout this. Text the twins, make plans with them for like 12. That gives you plenty of time to get ready and unpack some boxes."

"What time even is it?"

"Like 7:30. But please? Compromise."

"Fine. I doubt they are even up yet." I took the phone from him and texted Ethan.

Me:
Hey, you and Gray wanna make plans today?

After a minute or so I looked back up at Noah. "I told you they pro-" I was interrupted by my phone going off.

Ethan:
Yeah sure. What did you wanna do?

Noah was laughing because he knew he was right.

Me:
Idc you guys pick

Ethan:
Do you want to just come hang out at our house? I can walk to your house so you don't have to walk here alone

Me:
Yeah, that sounds good. How's 12ish?

Ethan:
Sounds great. See you then 😘

I looked back up at Noah. "Happy? I'm going to his house. Shouldn't be weird at all." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Good I'm glad you are getting out and now you can make a move on Ethan."

"I'm not going to 'make a move on Ethan'."

"Why not? He likes you, you like him. Boom." He said, putting on his shirt for work.

"Because it is the first time I'm going to his house for one, and two, Grayson will be there."

"Ariiiii. What does he have anything to with this?"