16.

Saturday..

The sun brightly shined through blinds from the window that caused me to flutter open my eyes in annoyance and stretched my arms while inhaling through my nose harshly. I laid there for a couple of seconds and looked to the side expecting Troy to be there, but he wasn't anywhere to be found. I exhaled slowly and began doing the normal routine for Saturday mornings.

I grabbed my phone and unplugged from the charger to take it to the bathroom with me and I placed it on the counter top of the sink and began taking off my clothes to take a quick shower before going to therapy.

After wrapping myself with a towel, I stepped out and blindly pressed the home button on my phone and a message was sent to me by Lauren 12 minutes ago.

"Why do I never hear my messages in the shower?" I quoted out, sliding my index finger across the glass screen to unlock the device and clicked on the message.

Lauren💚: How about we skip this session? I really want to talk to you without all the fuss at therapy.

I stood there for a second examining the message. I chewed the inside of my cheek before replying nervously on what could possibly be so important to her for us to skip our session today.

Me: Okay.. About what exactly?

Lauren💚: Well that's why I wanted to talk to you.. in private, is that alright?

Okay now she's avoiding the question, so it must be serious then. I sat my phone down and began changing. It wasn't that cold for some reason, so I decided on shorts with a long floral black see through gown.

I slid on a few rings on my fingers and gold necklace around my neck. I dried and brushed my hair and took one last glance in the mirror before putting on my black heels.

I had no idea if it was too much of an outfit. I don't even know where I'm going. Like what if she wanted to go to a wrestling match or go for a run? In that case, I'm way over dressed in my opinion.

Maybe she wants to talk about me leaving early from last time we saw each other when we hung out with Dinah and Normani. I don't recall anything bad that happened that night, except the fact I left early and that's it.

Another message popped up on my phone and it was from Lauren again.

Lauren💚: I'm outside

I walked down the stairs and peaked through the blinds of the window and her car was parked in the front. I opened the door slowly revealing myself and closed it behind me, continuing walking towards the car where Lauren rolled down her window and smiled at me.

The radio played steady and soft music when I got in the passenger seat. Lauren turned down the music that was barely audible. "Are you playing slow music, 'cause of last time?" I questioned, putting on my seatbelt and then looking up to her already looking at me.

Her cheeks turned light pink as smiles and she turns away nodding slowly. Lauren pulled out of the driveway in reverse and continued to look at me every now and then, shifting her glances from the road ahead of us and to me. I didn't stare at her, but for sure I caught her more times than she did with me.

The car ride was momentarily quite aside from the short, embarrassing giggles when we would catch each other staring off guard every now and then.