Chapter 7

(Mason's POV)

I couldn't keep the wide smile off my face as I jogged down the back steps to get to the gym.

My mind was occupied with thoughts of Nikki and our weekend together, not that I minded all that much. She has brought a light into my life that has been missing for the past few years. If you had asked me a few weeks ago if I would be in this position I would have laughed in your face.

"Hey, what's got you looking like the cat that ate the canary?"

Theo's voice interrupted my thoughts and I turned my attention to him.

"If you must know, I had an amazing weekend."

I left my words cryptic and chuckled when Theo rolled his eyes, indicating with his hand that I should elaborate.

"More Mason. Use your words."

I laughed again and Theo looked at me like I was crazy. Who knows, maybe I was.

"Nikki and I pretty much spent the weekend together." I held up a hand when Theo opened his mouth to speak. "And before you say anything, no, I didn't 'bang' her."

Theo looked at me, shaking his head with a face a disappointed father would wear. "Where did I go wrong?"

"Not everyone is ready to jump in the sack after knowing someone a couple of weeks, Theo."

"Why the hell not? Life is all about adventure! Get out there, take life by the balls... or, you know, by the dick."

"Such inspirational words, Captain STD."

If the glare I received from Theo could have killed me, I would be dead on the floor. "Fuck off, asshole. I never go on an expedition without a raincoat."

I snort, "How comforting."

Before Theo could say anything more, some of our regulars began filtering in the door. Saved by the bell.

Things began picking up afterwards and before we knew it, we were both swamped with training sessions.

****

Later that afternoon, I looked up as the front door opened, smiling when I saw Nikki and Addison enter the building. I watched Addison look around, spotting Theo before sauntering over to him, whispering in his ear with a wicked smirk on her lips. I turned my attention back to Nikki after I saw Theo turn around with a matching expression. I don't even want to know what they're discussing.

"Hey, beautiful, how's it going? Think I could convince you to come by for dinner later?"

Nikki nodded, smiling and tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "You don't have to ask me twice. What's on the menu tonight?"

I smiled, shrugging one shoulder, "I actually haven't thought that far ahead. I think I'll opt for takeout this time, though. It's way too stressful to cook an entire meal."

Nikki laughed lightly and I was immediately bewitched by the way her face lit up. After she realized I was distracted, she cleared her throat with a smile and asked, "So, you said that you oversee CrossFit? Do you have time to maybe give me a lesson? I wouldn't know where to begin."

I grinned, gesturing for Nikki to head towards the CrossFit area of the gym. "Absolutely, lead the way."

Nikki led the way into the room filled with pull up bars, different barbells and weights, hanging rings and stationary bikes. I noticed that we would be the only two in the room as I followed right behind her, my eyes taking her in. She looked great in her compression pants and tank. I shook off the other, more sexual thoughts that began swarming my mind and I began to lead her through a basic session, working on her form so she wouldn't hurt herself. I was impressed with how easily she picked everything up. I was so focused on the session that I was surprised when she had stopped completely, a strange, confused look on her face. "What? What's wrong?"