Chapter 14

(Theo's POV)

Six fucking months.

That asshole Mason ditched everyone six fucking months ago. Just abandoned his life. I'm having to pick up the slack at the gym and keep it running smoothly. I have to field questions about his whereabouts from our members and I have no answers to give. When will he be back? Hell if I know. I have to give some bullshit answer about a family emergency. We've even lost a few members who were there specifically for Mason's expertise. 

Not to mention dealing with the fallout with Nikki. I could kick his ass for what he's done to her.

Addy says she hasn't been the same since he turned her away. She's become very withdrawn from everyone close to her. She's focused on her work and nothing else. Which works out for the DA's office, but makes everyone around her nervous. The last time Nikki behaved in this manner was when she was hiding abuse from her family.

A little fact that I discovered from Addy was that Nikki has had a string of abusive relationships prior to meeting Mason. Nikki's always had an attraction to the "bad boy" type and it inevitably ended up with her being verbally and sometimes physically abused.

Once her attention was drawn to these men, there was no talking her out of it. It was like she didn't feel like she was worth more.

With Mason pulling his disappearing act, I wouldn't be surprised to see her backslide into old habits.

I rubbed my temples as I sat at the front desk, taking a breather after a long day. Overthinking all of this bullshit is driving me crazy.

All I want out of life is to come to work with my business partner and best friend by day, got out on the town by night and bring a hot ass woman back home and have my dirty way with her. Is that too much to ask?

Before I could wallow in my misery any further, I felt arms slip around me from behind and a soft kiss on my neck. "You look like you need a breather. Maybe I can help you relax?"

A slow smirk spread over my features as I glanced over my shoulder at Addy. "Sounds like the perfect stress reliever."

Well, at least I got the hot ass woman part.

I swiveled around in my chair and pulled Addy into my lap. I slipped my fingers into her long, red hair and kissed her breathless. I wasted little time in clearing the desk behind me with a dramatic sweep of my arm and laying Addy back on it. I smirked at the amused giggle that escaped her. A satisfied groan left her lips as I began dragging my lips down the side of her neck, leaving hot, wet kisses in my wake, my fingers nimbly unbuttoning the blouse she was wearing.

I felt her hands run over my shoulders, her fingers reaching to pull my hair loose from the hair tie, the blonde locks falling down on my back. Her long, tanned legs wrapped around my waist as she slid her hand to the back of my neck, pulling my head up to her lips as I pushed her shirt off her shoulders.

I groaned into her mouth, my heart thumping wildly in my chest, like it always does with her. This woman drives me fucking crazy with desire. My hands expertly unhooked her bra, removing it without removing my lips from hers. My hands palmed her breasts, thumbs brushing over, then circling her nipples, feeling my hardness increase from the groan that leaves her lips.

I make quick work of removing her skirt and undies, discarding them carelessly on the floor as her hands move to rip the t-shirt I'm wearing over my head. I only break our kiss to let her remove my shirt, crashing my mouth to hers again as she tosses my shirt blindly away from us.

My hands make quick work of shoving my shorts and boxer briefs off my hips, kicking out of them and then crawling onto the desk, fumbling blindly to reach in a drawer and produce a condom. Ripping open the wrapper, I roll it on my hard dick before I push myself into her with a grunt.