Chapter Eight

"As soon as you get your Dauntless clothes on, we're taking a trip to the furnace during our little tour. Bring your old clothes. And if you forget," The instructor with all the piercings and tattooes turned and smirked at us "Let's just say that you won't be sleeping well tonight."

~

We finally got to the Pit and ate. Julia seemed to follow me everywhere, I guess we became good friends. After we ate, we went to our room and showered. I heard boys taunting me outside the locked door to the bathroom.

"I heard this was the only bathroom with a door." Julia said from another shower.

"I heard that too. And thank The Lord for it."

Julia giggled. I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around myself. I grabbed my clothes and ran into the shower again. After we got dressed, we got into bed.

"So, what's your opinion on Dauntless so far?" I whisper to Julia. Dusk was already asleep.

"Terrifying, yet so..." She started

"Shut it!" Someone yelled in the dark, clearly trying to sleep.

"Free." Julia breathed and went to bed.

I sat and stared at the bottom of the top bunk. Tomorrow we would start training, and I wasn't ready. I don't know who's teaching it, what TYPE of training we're doing, or who else is going to be there (faction-member wise). Well, best not fret until there's something worth fretting over. I eventually became sleepy. I dreamt nightmares. Nightmares of kidnappings, people getting murdered, factions at war. All through the night, it went on. I could tell I was only dreaming, but I couldn't wake myself up. I kept seeing this face, I can't recall what it looked like though. It kept saying something, something that seemed important, but it was muffled. What was going on, and why?