Chapter Nine

• Dedicated to Julia, Dusk, KJ and all of my friends who volunteered to be in this <3

"This is really good!" Dusk said, with a mouthful of pancakes.

I nodded in agreement and ate my breakfast silently. Julia wasn't feeling good, so she said she'd be a little late to breakfast.

"I hope Julia doesn't miss training, especially our first day." I sigh.

"We've got her back!" Dusk says cheerfully, as she finishes her breakfast.

We went to the training room and sat on the sidelines. An instructor was showing an early student a type of block on the other side of the room.

..."And then you make a fist." The instructor said to the initiate, who clearly wasn't getting it. The other initiates come in.

"Everyone, please take a seat on the benches!" The instructor calls out, coming into the light. It was the pierced and tattooed man.

"Be lucky you're here, because if you aren't, there are severe punishments." He cracks his knuckles and studies us, walks around the group.

He seems to be counting.

Please Julia, please show up. Please.

The instructor gritted his teeth.

"Who's missing?" He asks everyone.

No replies.

"I said," he raises his voice "who's missing?!"

I gulp. He grabs my shirt and pulls me up.

"You seem to be nervous, are you alright?" He says and pulls me into the air.

"Yes sir, I'm fine." I gasp, my shirt was making it hard to breathe.

'I don't believe you," He growled and threw me to the ground. "Get up."

Dusk bit her lip and clenched her fists.

I started to sweat and tried to make myself as brave as possible.

"This," he said. He threw a punch at me and hit my stomache, "Is how you punch someone's stomache." I coughed and sputtered, wanting to run away. He then procceded to push me onto the ground and kick me. He started to go for another kick and I tried to block...

"What are you doing?!" Kearston yells, stomping into the room.

"I was just teaching a lesso-" The man started.

"Vincent, this is no way to treat new initiates! Especially when they don't even know how to fight yet! Are you a coward, or not?" Kearston said angrily. He helped me up.

As soon as I stood up, I felt like I was going to be sick. I started to sway.

"Can you make it to the infirmary?" Kearston asked, after getting me out of the room. Dusk had wanted to help me out, but Kearston said she needed to stay.

I slowly nod and make my way to the infirmary. By the time I sat on a hospital bed, I blacked out.