Facing the Air - Facing that creature

When my eyes opened, I saw Levi and I lying in the elevator. It was full of smoke which made breathing difficult. The smoke was of brown color which made me think of it as dust but I was still confused. Dust wasn't like that. Dust was actually a powder consisting of tiny particles of earth lying on the ground or carried in the air. So undoubtedly, this was smoke but of dark Brown color with some Maroon shades.

With a the deepest sigh in the world, I put my hand towards Levi and finally reached his face. I tried to wake him up; I shook his head, I patted on his back and I even rolled him on the floor. But he didn't move. Not even a little bit.

Seconds later, I realized I was sweaty as well as hot. I touched my forehead to see if I had fever but I was wrong. I heard footsteps on metal floor and stood up. As I did, I noticed the elevator wasn't moving. But where were the voices coming from?

I hurried to Levi and lifted him up with my arm around his neck. He moved a little bit. I jumped in excitement as he started, "Those...A-..." He ended stuttering this and fainted.

"Are you okay?" I shook his head, surprised.

The voices got louder and my heartbeat got erratic. But what I was thinking was how can those creatures enter the elevator when there is no way out? I quickly searched for a way out. As I touched the wall of the elevator, it started breaking. I screamed in horror that made Levi alive again. He was alright this time so I thanked God.

With a drunken voice, Levi muttered, "Where are we?"

"Elevator! It's the elevator!" I shouted at him.

He shook his head. "Alright, alright."

"But see what's this! The walls breaking!" I was getting redder.

"Where to go?" Levi asked in a breathless voice. By this I realized it was not only me who was surprised. I had a smirk on my face.

"What' s with you? You're smirking! Let's go somewhere... Let's jump down!" Levi shouted. Yeah, he shouted at me like a girl.

"Are you mad? Or something or what?" I asked.

"Do you want to die?" He asked.

"Of course not."

"Then we have to jump!"

"What's wrong with you? We'll die if we jump down!"

Levi rolled his eye, held me by my arm and made his way towards the breaking wall. I kept screaming. Louder and louder. Well, they way I screamed could be an amazing background music for a song.

I closed my eyes as Levi clutched my hands into his and suddenly felt myself facing the air.

***

"It's just bread and toast!" Olivia spoke as her echo went all over the tunnel.

"Shut up!" I shouted as I felt someone pushing me from my back. I turned my face to see if it was Zac but I was astounded to see a weird-faced creature, better call an Alien in front of me. I screamed.

"Everything alright?" Zac turned when I realized he was in front of me and I was the one at the end. 

"What was that?" I asked. Breathlessly.

"What? Where? Are you gone mad?" Olivia spoke in a thin voice.

"Nothing. Carry on." I muttered slowly trying to control myself.

***

That day, I got a call from Mom. I picked up my phone.

"Hello?"

"Hello sunshine!"

"Mom?"

"Yeah..I wanted to inform you we'll be late for some reason. Tell me if you have any issues."

"No mom. You can stay there as long as you want."

"How's Kaylee?"

After hearing this, I stood silent for some seconds but then spoke, "Yeah. She's fine."

"That's good dear. Take care of yourself. Goodbye!"

"Bye mom!"