New Directions

We were trying to stand up when some more aliens came in. We quickly sat down again. "Ohh" I took a deep breath.

"I don't think we can get out of here..." I whispered.

"We can! Don't you see we found the welcoming board here? Maybe this is the way to exit." He murmured. This showed he didn't lose hope. I loved this habit.

"Hmm..." I nodded.

I moved a little bit to settle myself properly. It made a creaking voice. "O-" Levi turned to look at me when the boards fell off us. I screamed in horror.

Suddenly, one of the aliens put its hand in front and a chain rope came out. Levi put his hands around my waist and pushed me towards himself. "We have to run!" He informed.

The aliens made their way towards us. Levi held me by his hand and ran towards the chain wall. "I-I can't climb this..." I muttered. Levi turned towards me. His face was red like a tomato. More than a tomato.

"Please? We have to!" He shouted at me. He put his hand out towards me. I held it. His hand was hot and sweaty.

After we had climbed, we found ourselves in a different place. No, it wasn't the place where we lived before. It was different from the chain-world. It couldn't be another planet. We needed a rocket to do that so. Maybe, it was another part of the chain-world. But this place was totally different.

I felt my hands starting sweating and my heartbeat went on faster. It was hot here. Hotter than the chain-world. I took a deep sigh and Levi cleared his throat. I turned my face towards him and saw he was looking straight. He didn't move a muscle. Not even a single one. I could see his eyes weren't blinking even. His light-blue eyes were looking in a fixed direction.

"Are you planning on saying something? I asked in a low voice.

He didn't listen. He was busy in something very special. He didn't move or spoke. I shook my head and turned my face towards Levi again. His eyes met mine. He was staring hard at me. But, before some time, he was looking straight. I got confused. Then, I realized my eyes eyes weren't blinking. I wasn't moving myself.

Seconds later, Levi made a weird face as he was confused. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah....." I nodded.

"Why were you looking at me like that?" He questioned. Didn't he know he was the one looking straight?

"Weren't you...." I said in a slow voice. I closed me eyes tightly and sighed.

"You were looking at me like...like I did something wrong.." He answered me.

In a second, I realized I was the one looking at him for so much time and he was giving me hard stares for that. But why didn't I know? Why did I think he was looking straight? I raised my eyebrows and breathed.

***

I was worried about Steve and Kaylee. Were they even alive? Or did the aliens eat them? Or did hey leave this place and started living together? Or were both of them lost? What if they never came back?

Questions were all over my mind. There was no space left for anything else. Gia wasn't helpful or caring at all. She still went for facials and for buying new clothes. She had perfect meals and kept texting her boyfriend. This made me jealous. I wished I had a boyfriend too who would give me hope and help me find my sister.

Seven days had passed. Still, I couldn't connect to any of them. I was thinking when Gia came and spoke, "Can you make me a cup of tea? My boyfriend is coming over so I don't want to be clumsy at all." huh! Now this was rude!