Hopper and the Queen

Colony's POV
Protected within their own tunnels, teams were down even lower, hard at work when the outside was forbidden. Many ants couldn't sleep as some were too afraid to even leave the hill. Down deep beneath the earth and among the reaching tree roots, there were carefully selected teams digging lower tunnels that were not meant to house. It was actually a water search. Being surrounded by water usually, there had been times when the ants had access to an aquifer. At the first area of rock of where it used to be, there was no water, so they had to look for a new one. If there was a new one.... There was the possibility that water was held even lower, especially when the tunnel walls seemed to take on some moisture.

On top of all this work to do to try to find this blessing and struggling to find food, the anxiety of the fight between a hornet and another grasshopper fell down upon them. The first visitor was no issue, but such power from a much bigger one made them rethink the Queen's choice to help the first one. The Queen though was relieved for her daughter's rescue, even if her rescuer had not known who she was at first. Now word had come that this rescuer wished to have audience with her. She wanted to be sure this one could be trusted and thought about it.

"Make sure Molt is with him." the old Queen calmly suggested. "If he said his brother would never hurt him then I believe him."

"All due respect, your Highness," the messenger tried to help her change her mind. "... do you really think that's a good idea? To bring this stranger inside?"

"It is only fair. If he wishes to speak with me, then so be it. My daughter was almost snatched. Her wings almost got taken away. We saved someone he loves and he just saved someone we love. I say it's a done deal. I truthfully don't see what the harm is here."

"Y-yes, your Highness..." the messenger spoke, finding that there was no use arguing.

At once when Princess Atta and Flik were safely taken inside, the two grasshoppers were let in. The strong one who stood taller than his brother took the first step inside. Feeling well after her shock from the rescue, the princess finally found her strength and courage to join her mother's side. Personally, she wanted to see the brother of their newest friend. She saw it all and so did Flik. As a matter of fact, Flik was the first to enter when granted permission... before a gathering tunnel full of shocked ants. He entered through the rock arch, nervously smiling at them before he came running up to the waiting royals.

Hopper's Narrative
I could feel the anxiety in this place. I would prefer just staying out in the sun, it was so annoying. I was used to living by it and thought we would be done with it. I sure did hate that way of thinking now. Not that any of us can escape from anything unless you kill, kill and kill again. Push others down so you can rise up was messed up alone but sometimes it was the only option. At least for me. Having the heart of a hummer, I suppose... there was a part of me that didn't want to do that.

The shade felt nice as we finally got let into this place. To me, I did not appreciate how claustrophobic it felt, since we were flyers and loved the open air. This felt tight and it felt like it was hard to breathe. Enough though, of petty reasons and thoughts, when I saw the looks on these ant's faces. I knew I was overbearing already, so I kept my mouth shut in respect to their Princess and Queen who was probably full of questions. Despite Molt's worry, I was the first to poke my head in and step through. When I did, the ants who were gathered began to step aside and away from our path in tense silence. If they thought I was out for blood, then they were half right. I was out for blood all right but they were not on that list. I let myself be first despite any objections that could come my way. They allowed a path for us and I calmly and silently came before the two royals. I felt that it was fair to show my sincerity and respect. I took that terribly dry glare from my eyes, like disposing of a mask and softened them at the old Queen before getting low into a bow, which came on way too naturally for my liking but I didn't stop myself. Molt humbly did the same. That soft, sweet Queen weakly smiled and nodded.