Twelve

This has not yet been edited! Please excuse any errors!

Stepping towards Luca with a frown, Robert gripped the base of his sword. "Were you following us?"

Smirking, Luca jumped down off the small ledge onto the dirt road we all stood on. Licking my lips, I kept the arrow pulled back. I still had no reason to trust him, and considering we knew nothing about him I wasn't about to welcome him with open arms.

Glancing my way, a small chuckle escaped his lips. "You can lower your weapon. I mean you no harm, Abagail."

Glaring at him, I watched him carefully. "How can we trust you?"

Walking towards Luca with his sword in his hands, William gazed at him. Quickly glancing at William, I could see he also didn't trust Luca. Biting my lip, I lowered my weapon. Smirking at me, I watched as Luca put his hands into the front of his pant pockets. "Rest assured, I'm only here to help aid you in your task to take back the kingdom."

Somehow I didn't feel convinced. Nodding, Talios placed his sword back in its holster. "Very well lad, but just know, one wrong move and your head will be rolling."

Bowing, Luca smiled. "You have my word."

I still wasn't convinced. There was something about Luca that seemed to keep me on edge. His bright blue eyes, almost seemed to hold something deep within them that I couldn't quite understand. As I gazed at him, I felt something hot rush through my stomach. Groaning in pain, I dropped my bow.

"Abagail?" Luca whispered.

The burning almost seemed to intensify, as a small scream made its way to my throat. Clawing at the fabric that covered my middle, I tried desperately to relieve the pain in some way. It felt like hot iron was being poured over my body as my legs buckled from under me, sending me to the dirt floor below.

"Abagail!" Robert yelled. Rushing to my side, I felt my body being lifted as hands gripped my own.

"Stop!" A voice yelled. Opening my eyes, I gazed up at Luca. He was frowning down at me, my hands clasped in one of his as his other hand pulled the material away from my stomach. A shocked gasp left his lips, his brows furrowing in the middle.

"We need to get her to the healing water and fast." He whispered.

"How do you know about that?" William growled.

Glancing up at William, Luca shook his head. "We don't have time for a story right now, King. We need to fly her there, or she isn't going to make it."

A mocking laugh left Talios. "If we fly Toban and his men will see us, then she might as well be dead."

Glaring up at him, Luca shook his head. "Fine. We need to find a cave nearby and warm her up..." turning to William his face almost seemed to harden. "We must send word and get more troops here. There is a reason she hasn't healed."

Looking away, it almost seemed as if William was ignoring Luca. Groaning in pain, I tried to pull my hands away from the restricting grip. I felt like I needed to claw my way out of this pain, as if more pain would stop it.

Glaring down at me, Luca gripped my hands tighter, his eyes shining brighter than they were before. "Stop it, Abagail. You need to breathe through the pain."

Hissing at the burning, I turned my attention to William. He seemed to be glaring at Luca and yet, Luca seemed unfazed by the heated glare. Turning to one of the soldiers, I watched William nod. "Ride fast to the compound. I want all available men with us."

Bowing, the man jumped onto the horse. "I will return by nightfall, my King."

"Then make it quick." William growled.