13|| Prove your words

DOUBLE UPDATE YAY 😁😁😎
I thought I would get like no time im Nee York to do anything. But I actually do 😂

But, it was time I would try to fix things. Try to mend things. Seek her forgiveness. Make it up for her. Even if it was impossible. Even if Muskaan would never ever forgive me.

For the rest of my life, I will keep trying.

~💗~

" Paroxysm (n)
Sudden outburst of emotions."

~💗~

Saahir

My phone started ringing as I took it from my desk and saw the caller Id. It was abbu. I realized I didn't return his calls for the past two days.

I immediately picked it up.

"Assalamualaikum abbu", I said, "How are you?"

"W'Salam beta, I am good Alhamdulillah . You?"

Abbu went for hajj last year, and he turned into a totally different person. He was kind, humble and down to earth. He quit his bad habit of smoking and drinking, that he developed again after he had gone bankrupt.

And his change really inspired me to go for hajj, but studies kept me busy. But, In Sha Allah, I will go when I graduate and finish university.

"Hello? Are you listening?", he said making me come out of my imagination.

"I-woh, I just missed your voice. Abbu don't worry though... In a few years, I will bring you here to Canada", I said and I knew abbu smiled.

"Are you okay, son?", he asked. How did he know something was wrong? I was not okay? Parents always have this superpower of knowing, something is wrong. How do they do that?

Maybe I will understand when I am a parent. Wait... what?

"I-I am fine... I am completely okay", I said. I was clearly lying.

"You're not, tell me what happened? Is everything fine in university?", he asked making a lone tear escape my cheeks.

I remained silent, not wanting to show my abbu my weak and vulnerable side.

"Tell me", he yelled.

"So, this girl-", he cut me off.

"A girl?! La hawla wala Qu-", he paused, "A girl has made you so restless? You have a girlfriend? Are you in love?! Is she muslim?"
( A/N: Brown parents lol 😂)

"Abbu?!", I paused as he calmed himself. Brown parents seriously need to calm down. Not everything means having a girlfriend, "It's not about a girlfriend! I don't love her or something! Leave it, there's no point telling you."

And abbu realized he was being a bit too sensitive.

"Okay, sorry. Now tell me what happened!", he said. My abbu was like my best friend at times.

"Remember that project from four years ago that would get me directly into INSEAD Singapore?"

"Yeah"