38|| FINALLY

Other than just tall buildings, if you looked at the far left of the city... you could see a beautiful lake glistening from the sun rise.

And if you looked at the right, you could see tall buildings all made with glass windows and wait... Muskaan praying?!

She was praying fajr making me realize I should go pray too. I had this bad habit of forgetting to pray every time I was outside my house.

Saahir

Muskaan finished praying and stood up. She started looking at the city view. Then, she started sipping, I think is tea. And suddenly, she started pulling off her scarf.

She is opening her scarf! What do I do?

Look away? Or not bother?

"I should probably go back in", I whispered to myself dismissing my thought to see her without a hijab.

I turned on my laptop, to work on the 5000 word essay that was due in a month. It felt good to finally beat the demons inside my brain and not procrastinate.

Suddenly, my own canera face popped up. Until I realized it was my dad facetiming me.

"Assalamualaikum Dad, wait lemme grab my headphones. My friend, Ayaan, is sleeping", I said and quickly got my headphones.

"So beta... what happened with you? You don't call me very often. It's like thrice a week. You used to call me twice a day before? Wait do you have a girlfriend? Hmm, that must be it!-"

"Dad!", I whisper shouted not wanting to wake Ayaan up, "I told you before we came to Copenhagen for a field trip. And I am outside almost all the time. So I can't call you twice a day. Plus there is a huge time difference. Once I get back to Toronto, I will call you more often"

My dad really needs to stop thinking like the typical brown dad. Wait, he is!

We talked for hours, until Ayaan woke up.

"Who are you talking to?", Ayaan said as got off the bed.

"My dad", I responded.

"Your dad?! Should I say hello? But I look like a clown!", Ayaan said making me chuckle.

"Don't worry, come say hello", I said.

"Salam uncle, how are you?", Ayaan said politely.

"Walaikum Salam, I am good! So how is your trip going? You guys having fun!", my dad asked. And from there he started a full interrogation.

"So does Saahir have a girlfriend?", he asked Ayaan, making me roll my eyes.

"Yes he does. In fact-", my dad cut him off.

"What! He does! Haye Allaaahh! Tell that beghairat (idiot) that I don't want a girl pregnant yet. It's time for him to study, these girls will come and go!", my dad said making me facepalm at this whole world.

Ayaan being Ayaan just had to!

"Yes uncle, you know that girl, what's her name Betty... she is not even muslim. Saahir and Betty have been in a relationship since-"

"AYAAN, SHUT UP!", I shouted as I snatched my laptop away from him.

"What's beghaibat?", Ayaan casually asked not caring at all about the fact that he just created a lot of trouble in my life!

Ayaan started laughing continuously as I tried to tell my dad that Ayaan was lying.

"Dad he was joking!", I said and finally Ayaan joined me.

"Uncle I was kidding, there is no Betty. Don't worry", he said and ran.

My dad seemed really angry until he started laughing too.

Muskaan

After 6 days

We had arrived in Toronto. I went home and the first thing, I did was sleep. I simply hated planes! Especially if the plane journey was really long.

The next morning, I woke up and I remembered what khala had told me.

To wear that ring.

I brushed my teeth, and opened the drawer I kept that ring in.

Hesitatingly, I put on that ring on my ring finger. Even though, I really hated the thought of it.

Maybe... I should meet Muzhir before hating him so much!

Suddenly, I got a text. And I checked my phone.

So you FINALLY wore that ring huh?! By the way I love your hair and body 😍 Can't wait for it to be mine!

My phone dropped from my hands, as I quickly got a scarf. I wrapped it around my head and wore a big shawl all over my body.

How the hell does he know I put on that ring?

Is Muzhir behind all of this? Because what does he mean by 'FINALLY' and 'Can't wait for it to be mine'?

Whatever it was, I was scared and creeped out.

Should I tell someone? Absolutely not!

I will figure this out myself... once Muzhir comes tomorrow. There is no need to bother anyone!

Helloo
I do not know what is with me and the HELLOOOS 😂

Muzhir will come next chapter so be prepared!

Also we need to get to 90 votes for the next update! ❤❤