40|| Telling them

Thank you so much for making my story go to #5 on spiritual. I would literally be happy if I was on like 88 before. I never thought it would reach this point.

The amount of support I got for this story was just so unexpected ❤❤❤

Now, I was contemplating if he was the guy who called me or not!

If it was not Muzhir then why would he be so excited about that ring?

Ugh... how do I ever figure out?

Muskaan

It was Monday now. Our field trip was over. I had met Muzhir. I finished all the work that was due.

I checked everything off my bucketlist.

And yet I had this uneasy feeling of something being wrong and incomplete.

I still couldn't figure out who the person was who sent me all those creepy messages and called me at midnight. I was still scared.

What if something bad happens?

I still didn't tell anyone that I was engaged. I still didn't feel like I was ready for all the marriage stuff.

Maybe, I should tell Ayesha and Alyah. They would definitely help me out. But won't they kill me though?

I changed into my basic grey t-shirt that I paired with jeans and wore my plain black hijab along with that.

"Khala I am leaving... Khuda Hafiz", I said as I grabbed a pack of mini oreos with me.

"Beta, don't be late!", she said as I left the house.

I reached uni in ten minutes, which was slightly surprising for the kind of traffic we usually had.

I have to tell them, I am engaged. I have to!

"WHAT?!", Ayesha paused as I told them the whole story of my engagement, "And you didn't think once before taking such a big step?"

"Muskaan, what was the hurry? Why did you hide something so big from us?", Alyah joined in.

"I-I am sorry, I really am. I just- everything happened so fast that I didn't know what to do", I replied trying to defend myself.

"I myself, was not prepared... and to be honest I still am not. But the actual wedding as well as the nikkah is after a long time. So, I think I'll be okay by then", I stated.

"Have you met the guy?", Ayesha asked still really angry at me.

"I have met him. He seems nice", I paused, "I didn't really like him before, but I guess he is okay."

"Okay? You can't just marry someone who is 'okay'... ugh Muskaan you could've just informed us about it", Alyah urged.

"I am sorry, I was dumb", I replied.

"Muskaan how can you though? I always thought you liked Saahir... the way you two look at each other", Ayesha said.

Saahir?

"What? No! When did I ever say I liked Saahir!", I said as I fixed my hijab.

"What? I too always thought you liked him", Alyah asked.

"I don't!", I replied.

Why did they think I liked Saahir?

"Muskaan go home, give it a thought... the way you look at him says a lot", Ayesha said as I felt something really strange. I did like Saahir, but I always considered him a really good friend or something like that.

And now that I was thinking about it, for some reason I felt like what Ayesha and Alyah were saying was true. Maybe I did like Saahir as more than a friend.

But did I have any option left now? I was engaged.

Helloo

I still can't believe that its 2018... its been like 5 days now 😮

Sorry for a short chapter(it's really short I know) plus a late update. I'll update the next chapter sooner.

Anyways, Please vote and comment

Some of you asked how many chapters are left for the book. The answer is I have no idea tbh. If I decide to keep the plot as it is and not change it one bit, then theres a good bit left. I tend to change the plot a little as I go further into the story.

Well either way don't worry we aren't anywhere near the end of the story.

Also, sorry for a bit of a crappy chapter. Most of the chapters I write are usually left unedited. So please point out grammatical errors 😅

Qotd: What are you currently most worried about?

School opening in less than a week and exams in 2 weeks 😨🔫 If I disappear anytime soon know that I am dead because of exams!

We need to get to 90 votes fpr the next chapter!