The Aftermath

Kim's P.O.V

Just like I hoped, Joan was in her office. When I peeked through the window, I saw that she was crying over her high school yearbook memories. This, usually, was a form of "torture" when someone did something against mall regulations. I don't know if it hurt her more or the person, who was scared out of his wits, sitting across the desk. As I opened the door, the boy ran out, happy to be free. She looked up with her puffy, red eyes.

"Kim? Is that you?" Joan said, letting a tear of happiness slip out, through all of those of sadness.

I nodded, removing my eyes from the floor, as puffy and red as Joan's.

Noticing, Joan asked Kim, "Aw, Kim! What happened, soul sister?"

"J-Jack... h-he kissed..." I didn't finish my sentence before collapsing on the floor, balling my eyes out.

Joan walked over to me, and engulfed me into a hug, to comfort my hurting, and forgetting her own. She picked me up, and sat me down at her desk; I began to tell her everything. She was like a second mother to me, and since my own mother was always too busy with her job, I always went to her for things like this; things my mother doesn't and wouldn't know about. It felt good to be back after 4 years; back in Seaford. Well, for the most part.

Jack's P.O.V

As I ran after Kim, I could hear someone, faintly, calling my name. I turned to see Donna running, more like tripping, after me in her 6" platform heels. When I turned back around, Kim was gone. Thanks a lot Donna, I thought to myself. With no blonde in sight, I slowly walk back to Donna, who had a smirk on her face, which she was unsuccessfully trying to hide.

"Hey babe! Why did you run away?" Donna asked, oh-so innocently.

"Don't give me that look. What was that? Back there?" I asked, trying to stay calm.

"What? Am I not allowed to kiss my BOYFRIEND?"

"Not with that look on your face; now, I'm going to ask you again, what was that?"