Chapter 17

Kim's P.O.V

We have been sitting in silence for the past twenty minutes. After our conversation, the nurse came in to wrap my arm. We have been staring at each other without removing our eyes ever since the conversation. I don't know what it was, but his eyes were drawing me closer and closer to him. I can see his eyes flicker towards my lips as mine do the same. Is this really happening? You bet it is. Can I do this? Do you want him to stop? No, but we have barely begun to be friends again. Well, maybe, you were always destined to be more and this is a sign. Maybe, but did I think we were moving too fast? I am snapped back into reality by a hot breath on my face.

I look deep into Jack's eyes and I see something that I don't recognize. Without thinking, I close the space between us. It began as sweet and soft, but it is soon turned into a fiery battle of our tongues mixed with passion and lust. I try to deepen the kiss even more, enjoying the taste that I missed ever so. However, our make out session was shortly interrupted by my scream. I must have forgotten that my hand was broken, and I accidentally used it to prop myself up. We pull away and Jack grabs my cast to examine it. It started to throb. I didn't want Jack to worry any more than necessary, so I push through it. Although I try to mask it, I think that Jack sees it in my eyes because the next thing I know, I am being handed a cup of water and my painkillers.

"Thank you."

"Listen, Kim, I know that you hated me before and that we have just started to become friends again, but I have been trying to get up to courage to ask you this and I don't know if I can go another day without asking you this. Do you want to go to the dance with me?"

"Jack, I would love to, but I am already going with your friend."

"Oh yeah, about that..."

"Miss Crawford, you may go home now. I just need you to sign the discharge forms."

"Okay. We'll be out in a minute." The nurse left again. "What were you saying, Jack?"

"You know what, just forget it."

"Oh...okay." I am a little saddened that Jack wouldn't say what he was going to tell me. It hurts to know that he doesn't trust me.

We got up to leave, and I was careful to not put pressure on my hand, again. I signed myself out since I was 22, and no longer need my parent for things like this. We left the facility and Jack drove us back to the dojo.

"So, Jack, what is your chosen major?"

"Well, like you, I want to be a lawyer, with a minor in English."

"How did you... Oh, I keep forgetting that we have all of our classes together." I blushed. Well, that was embarrassing.

"Yeah. So, what is your favorite class?"

"I quite enjoy our criminal law class with Mr. Fink."

"Me too. The truth is I like all of my classes; I have my best friend in everyone of them."

"I didn't know Jerry was in our classes."

"No, silly." He teased. "I meant you, Kim."

"Oh..." I blushed, again. Gosh, the effect this boy-I mean man- has on me. To think I hated him only a few hours ago.