Chapter 12

Kim’s P.O.V         

I can’t believe that cheater! First he breaks my heart, then he wants me back, and now he is trying to provoke me. I saw it in his eyes. If I ever find out what plan he is trying to execute, he will regret it. I will make Jack Brewer wish he never messed with me!

“Students, since it is the first day, I will make it easy. I would like all of you to write a 1,000 or more word essay on you, as a person, and as a student. These are here to help me understand you better; as well as, where your writing skills are at. You may begin… now!”

An hour and forty minutes later, Ms. Poll collected our journals, and dismissed us for our second class of the day. I walk with James to our AP Economics class, but I didn’t like what I saw when we arrived. Standing in front of the doorway was Jack. Is he following me? Maybe, or maybe he has the same classes as you. Dear god, please tell me he is just following me.

“You’d like that, wouldn’t you Kimmy?” Crap! I said that out loud!

“Don’t call me Kimmy! And no.”

“You sure? Because I am pretty sure you want some of this.” With that, he lifted up his shirt, revealing his rock hard 6-pack.

“Take a picture, princess. It will last longer.” All I could do was stand there shocked. I can’t believe he got to me! I’m turning soft! Well, two can play at this game! Let’s see who wins!

“Why would I do that? When I can do this.” I walk up to him, and claw at his abdomen. As I continue, I see his eyes grow dark. Victory! Well played! Why thank you! I just walked into class, with James following closely behind.

Jack’s P.O.V

I was brought out of my trance when I hear the warning bell. I can’t believe she did that! But you enjoyed it! So? So… She turned you on. And? And you shouldn’t go through with your plan! I am going to get her back! I never said don’t; I am trying to get you to find a different way of getting to her. Fine, ‘oh great one’! Tell me! Be her secret admirer. Leave her notes, flowers, chocolate. Kim would never go for that kind of romantic sap! Who knows? She may be tough, but she is still a girl with feelings.

Before I could reply back to my conscience, the bell rang. Crap! I’m late for class, and it is only the first day!

“Nice of you to join us, Mr. …” The teacher sternly greeted me.

“Brewer, Jack Brewer, sir.”

“Well, Mr. Brewer, care to explain why you are coming in late to my class?”

“I was in the bathroom?” It came out more like a question than a statement.

“Make sure to be on time tomorrow. Now, please take a seat.”

I look to find the only seat available was, conveniently, at the desk next to Kim!

“Well, well, well. I see someone couldn’t get me out of their head.”

“Who said I wanted you to leave?” I smirked and faced forward. I didn’t really pay attention. I couldn’t help but think back to what Kim did and said. Is she flirting with me? Does she still have a soft spot in her heart for me? Every time I see her, I am reminded of what I did. I’m such an idiot! Hallelujah! He finally realized his mistakes! Now, listen to me, and you will have your Kimmy back by the end of the month! MONTH! Yes, month. You can’t rush love. Fine! What do I need to do?