Chapter 16

Kim's P.O.V

"Wait, what?" He questioned.

"The thing is, after what you did today, I am staying to not hate you. I just needed something, an act, to prove that you are with forgiving. I didn't do this on purpose, but truth be told, I am kind of happy that it did. I have spent the past week crying over you and what you did and all I wanted was to make it stop. I probably would've forgiven you: a few years, but by then, we would be strangers. I want to have you in my life. I can't lose our friendship just because we didn't work out as a couple."

"But..." I cut him off.

"Just let me finish, please. I know that we were 6,000 miles apart and we said it could work, but we were young and naïve back then. After what happened, I feel like friends is all we can be right now."

"I understand, but I have a question. Why did you stop writing to me?"

"I never cheated on you if you think that a boy is the reason why. Anyway, this was about my fourth year there, and I needed some money so that I could pay for food and other necessities. Mind you I was living in an apartment, like the other upperclassmen. Fortunately, I was asked to tutor some of the students. The school said that I would be paid $50 per student every week. I couldn't say no. It started off with only 4 students, but once I earned enough, I started to think about the future. I loved helping these people, so I got more students so that I could save up for a car and a place to live once I moved back here. Now, I have question for you? Why did you cheat on me?"

"First, I would like to apologize. I honestly thought that the reason you stopped writing was because you found someone better than me. I became so depressed; I was heartbroken. All I did was go to school, go to the dojo and occasionally I would eat something. Then one day the guys got tired of me mopping around, and they set me up on a blind date, with Donna. We had a pretty good time, and we began dating."

"How could you ever doubt yourself? There is no one in the world that is better than you."

"You are just saying that to make me feel better."

"No, I'm not. You are stubborn, overly cocky, and annoying at sometimes, but you are also charming, sweet, strong, considerate, kind, and courageous. THAT is why I love you..."

"You-you love me?"

"Well, yeah. We dated for over 3 years, and you were my first love. Just because we break up, does not mean that love is gone, even if I hated you."

"Wow. I mean, I never knew you felt that way."

"Yeah, but what about you earlier? You implied that you loved me. What happened? Do you not love me anymore?" I pause before my last question comes out. I don't know why I want to ask this question, but I go ahead anyway. "Can I ever get back into your heart?"

He mumbled something. I stare at him wide-eyed. He looks up with the same expression. I don't think I was supposed to hear that. "What?"

"Who said you ever left?"