CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO: IT'S PAST CURFEW!
1592 WORDS

CHAPTER TWO: IT'S PAST CURFEW!1592 WORDS

    "SO, AMY." Richie began, tapping my shoulder, "Tell me a little bit bout' yourself."

  "There isn't much worth sharing." I said following a self-deprecating laugh.

    "There has to be something!" Eddie smiled into the conversation.

     "I mean, I like music? I don't know." I weakly smiled, "But everyone likes music, so."

   "See, told ya' you have something." Richie said with enthusiasm, "Our old boy here, Bill." He continued, picking up a long, bent stick that was dripping with some mysterious sap. He pointed it towards Bill, who was walking in front of everyone.

  "He loves to draw." he finished, concentrating on the stick before launching it Bill's way– sending a painful shout upfront.

  "What the f-f-fuck Ri-ichie!"

    The group laughed.

✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

     We walked across a wet and rocky road drowning in moist leaves. The air was thick and misty; The once beautifully tinted sky was now a burning marshmallow grey. I wasn't sure why I decided to follow the new acquainted group on their little adventure, but they invited me. And they had told me I was apart of their "group" now, so why not? I definitely needed some new friends.

    "Where are you from?" Ben asked, raising a brow.

     "A small town up in Boston. It was a little bigger than this, but still practically unknown."

   "Why move here? Another boring and small town." Stanley asked, continuing to trot down the webbed path. Roots, stems and plants peeped out from solid rocks while peaks of amber sun glistened through the broken leaves above us.

   "My mom, she uh–she seems to like it here. I don't know why, but she does." I shrugged. I wasn't necessarily lying, but I wasn't telling the truth either. I didn't want to tell these new friends that the reason why I moved here was because my abusive father had finally left, they'd think I'm some melancholic junky who needs attention and pampering.

   Stanley hummed, almost as if he knew I was speaking with half a heart.

   "You're interesting." He silently mumbled, quiet enough just for me to hear.

   "Interesting?" I replied.

    "Yeah, you're... cool."

    "Oh," my eyes fell, "Thanks."

    "Where the fuck we headin' off to, Billy boy?" Richie shouted, loud enough for Bill to hear up front and loud enough to snap Stanley and I out of our conversation.