"I want the works with you too." (Final Chapter)

It's an ungodly hour when Camila steps through the front door only to be engulfed in the darkness provided by the apartment. The low hum of the fridge the only sign of life aside from herself and even the moon couldn't invade the place despite the sliver of space between the curtains.

She sighed heavily as she wheeled her suitcase into the deathly quiet apartment, surprised by how tidy it was.

Her stomach turned as a reminder of how empty it was and she slowly made her way over to the fridge, glad to find just enough ingredients to make up a much-needed sandwich. She set about making just that in almost complete silence.

It was so late, she knew this, but sleep had yet to come creeping her way, her mind still in a different timezone perhaps.

She felt eerily isolated as she perched herself behind the counter and gripped the sandwich in both hands, bring it to her mouth and taking a heart bite. Savouring the bittersweet taste of cheese after having dined on only the finest foods the last two weeks.

Camila enjoyed the simplicity of a plain cheese sandwich, it was a lovely reminder that life didn't have to be complex and intricate. It could be simple and easy to enjoy.

This almost caused a tingle to vibrate through her tongue in glee.

She finished her sandwich in the same silence she had started it with before discarding her plate into the sink and making her way over to the curtain-drawn window, separating the vast sheets of material and allowing the moon to beam into the living room, dancing on the black leather couches and casting sharp shadows on the grey walls all around her.

Camila looked out at the city around her and felt a smile tug onto her lips.

Home.

Miami would always be home for her. It where she met her lifelong friends, where she found her first love and her very last.

She could still recall the time she felt so painfully alone but the feeling has abandoned her. She had all the people she loved despite the distance she felt between some of them. They were still there.

After checking in with Roger, she was informed she had a month off to relax and she'd never felt more appreciative of the man. She needed that time to recuperate, to get back into her own senses again. To feel like a functioning human again after the tumultuous couple of weeks she'd faced.

Her eyes danced from one side of the lit up city to the other, cars buzzing past despite the hour.

It was still so alive, still breathtaking and Camila couldn't help but find beauty in it.

And it was in that moment that exhaustion finally settled on her, the buzz of jet-lag fading into a lull to sleep and Camila was more than happy to be coaxed in that direction.

She closed the curtains again, embracing the blackness that followed and made her way to the bedroom. She hesitantly creaked open the door, glancing down at the bottom hinge when it opened without a sound. A small smile played on her lips before she cast her eyes into the room.

The moon had fought its way through into this one and she was glad for it. It illuminated the bed where a lump laid curled up under the blankets.

Even from the door Camila could see the hair sprayed over the pillows and her heart melted at the sight.

She slowly made her way over to her side of the bed and perched herself on it, leaning down to wipe away the hair that had fallen over Lucy's face, the girl's soft snores tugging at Camila's heart strings.

Her fingertips grazed over the older girl's high cheekbones and it roused her from the depths of her sleep, soft brown eyes fluttering open though glazed over with sleep.