Chapter 5 (ENHANCED)

Stereo

Religion.

The subject is very interesting and educational, what I can't understand is how Sister Maiven makes it bland and boring. I shifted my left hand to support my chin. I'm barely awake in this class.

Everything Sister says are all in the book. Apparently Religion would be a breeze because all of you have to do is study the book and you'll have a sure pass.

All this is making me hungry.

Stereo

A century it seemed, the lunch bell ring and it's time for lunch. I dashed outside in hoping to catch Melody. She was with her friends and I decided to call her but she ignored the hell out of me.

I was right.

She is avoiding me.

I must make something up or we'll end up being strangers. Just as she was heading to the Faculty to her mom, a ball hit her out of nowhere. Just then I saw Anne. Melody glared at her and Anne sarcastically said sorry even though that it's obvious she wasn't. With that Melody continued walking. I was really offended by that, I mean it's my best friend, but this time I'm not going to put my nose in this one.

I paced up to her and she was really fuming red. "Umm hey" "Oh don't hey me now Stereo! I want to swipe of the smirk on her face and replace it with permanent stitches." " Hey calm down, Melody." " I can't make a scene there you know, so I have to accept her "plastiscity"! Stereo, oh my God. I'm going to snap if I don't do something!"

"Keep your calm Melody, I know you're upset and I understand that but- "

"Teach me how to play." She said with a grin and a playful stare. She's dead serious.

Shock would be an understatement.

Melody might be an overachieving and academically exceptional top student but she's not really good at sports. She knows the rules of volleyball perfectly well as any other sports. Spend a Phys Ed class with her and an anyone will know what I mean.

But then again, this is Perkinson we're talking about.

What the Queen wants, the Queen gets.

This is going to be fun.

"I'm going to eat with Mom. Ugh! Aren't you going to eat with yours?" She queried as she tapped my shoulder.

"Nah. I actually have a lot of "friends" thank you very much." I jested and she rolled her eyes.

Damn. Those eyes.

Melody

"I am going to beat that Anne in her own game!" I exclaimed to Mom who was amused. Mom is somehow a sadist to me and she likes it when I am being trampled over in my point of view. What a nice mom.

"Now, now honey. You must remember that not all gifts can be bestowed on you and finish your food first before ranting it out." Mom said while encircling her pasta in her fork.

"I know that Mom, but it's always worth the try isn't it?" I asked, hoping for a little support and not a sarcastic comment on how I should be satisfied with the brain works.

"Of course, and I'm always there." She said while chewing her meatballs. I can't believe the table's going to be turned this time. I could barely contain my victory laugh.

"Finish your food first Mom." I retorted and Mom's amused face just blew off with the wind.

"Don't turn it back on me or maybe I will  hold your book allowance for the entire year." Mom said with a hint of threat.

No, scratch that, it is a threat.

"Alright, alright, I"m just joking Mom." I held my hands up for emphasis.

Jeez, joke's on me this time.

After lunch, the two of us went on with out schedules. When I went back to the classroom, it was pandemonium.  Paper scraps were every where and I can't bear to look at it. I swept a little as I can't stand learning in messy environments.

Somehow I was glad I did it because Ms. Faber actually saw what I did before she entered the class and praised me for it. I might be humbled on the outside but my Alter-ego is feasting with pride.

Ms. Faber asked us to read the shortened version of the story "Beowulf" in our book. Kind off admit she gives so much time for reading although the story is "shortened".  I sighed exasperatedly and my gaze was averted to the court outside.

It just might be worth it to know how to play. They're having so much fun.