Chapter 12

Melody's POV

I completely forgot about clubs. I'm in the Chorale Club and we sing as the name suggests. Oh no, wow, really?

Stereo and I are ALWAYS in the same club.

That means he'll be coming afterclass in the clubroom. -sighs-

When I went inside I saw a few of the chorale members like Apple, Bonnie, and Yuri and many more seniors. Oh yeah, some of my bestfriends are also in the chorale. Shannon did not join because she dosen't like afterclass stuff. It's already 4:30 p m,

When I saw Stereo, I suddenly felt the urge to hug him or something but I can't, I just can't. What's wrong with me? Why can't I?

I can't focus on the notes, I'm just like a robot following everyone else's voices without knowing what the next tune would be. I didn't even bother to get a copy of the music sheet. -sighs- I'm beat!

After two hours of practice, we called it a day and Sir Menma our club adviser asked us to stay behind and bring the folders back to the library.

Great, it's just the two of us.

"Uhm hey." Stereo said.

"Hmp!" I pretended to be angry.

I went home ahead of him. Geez the hallway is really dark by now. Mom might be worried for me too. I better hurry.

I pacened up my footing, man this school is big. Scenes from Corpse Party is entering my mind now. Then I'm imagining that someone will pop out of nowhere and attack me. No no no no! Erase erase, just think about something cute. Something cute.. something cute.. Goddamnit! All I can think about are the corpses hanging from Corpse Party.

Without me realizing it, I took the wrong turn. Now I don't know where I am in this godforsaken building. The doors are all identical and it's too dark to see the room's label. I haven't really explored the school, I always go to the same places so there are places I don't know even if I have been here my whole life. Sucks right?

Where am I now? T.T

*creak* *drip drop*

Damn pipes, they really need to get that fixed. I looked at my phone and it's 6:30 pm already and it's this dark. I better hurry it's thirty minutes until my curfew. Where am I anyway? I looked at this room's label, I turned on my cellphone's flashlight so I could see.  It says "Old Library."

My eyes widened.

The Old Library is featured today on the article of our school magazine, Mysteries of Lumminon. They said that a female student committed suicide there. It's because she's always on the top, never been removed or dethroned but she graduated  as a Salutatorian. She couldn't handle the fact and believed to be higly pressured, she hanged herself there and it has been closed since because of some "stuff" going on.

The librarian said that once in a while she finds a thick rope, lying on the floor and it's form would be the same as if someone's preparing to hang himself. Some students who stayed there to study late in the afternoon said that they heard something creaking and they would find a rope on the floor. it has always been on the same section and spot where the girl hanged herself. No one stayed there for too long since then and it has been closed.

They tried to use it as a stock room but the next day, all the things stored there was found sprawled across the floor and when they looked inside, the library was back as it was.

Ok that's too much for a story, I decided to set out again. Where could that blasted stairs be? Just then, I heard a creak and a door opening. I stood there frozen in fear. Is that her? It this what true fear feels like?

Come on move, run!

I can hear her footsteps, getting louder by the second.

I closed my eyes and prayed.Hard.

An adrenaline rush surged through me when I felt a tap on my shoulde.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

I ran and ran, turn here and turn there I don't care! I just wanted to go home!

"Mommy!!" I can't believe this! I sound like a kid!

Luckily I found the stairs, but I was running so fast. I decided to suddenly slow down but I ended up tripping down the stairs. My weight weighed so much in the arm I just broke a while ago. Wow really?!

I think I sprained my ankle in addition to my bad luck.

I wish he was here. Atleast there's someone by my side right now telling that everything will be just fine. Maybe this would have never happened. Maybe he would still be right here. Tears fell from eyes. Any minute now she'll come and God-knows what she'll do to me.

Isn't anyone here?!

Stereo please come....

I was beginning to lose hope, I can hear her footsteps getting closer.  Please don't find me. *hic* *hic* *sobs* Now I know she's true. Will I even live to tell that it's true? That hoax was true afterall.

"Melody! Melody! Where are you?"

That voice!

The moment I heard that voice, I knew instantly that it'll be just fine.

Stereo's coming for me.

Dizziness swept over me and immediately fell asleep..

Stereo's POV

I was about to get out of the building when I heard someone screamed. That's a girl's voice. Could that be Melody? Shit!

I ran to where the voice was, but I couldn't see anyone!