Chapter 11

Melody's POV

The beginning of our set went smooth and we were in the lead. I did my best, but sometimes the ball goes out too far. I need to controll this or I would bring our team down.

...

The game went well until we tied with 14 - 14. We need to be two points higher for us to win. This time I've played double and dead serious. Our team was playing well but I hate to say this but they're playing better. They got the first point!

I observed Stereo's body signs all throughout the game and by his pose he'll spike that ball so hard!

Guess what? He did.

Oh no! Both Yuri and Tee didn't caught it and it's still in mid-air. Judging by the looks this will be a float, it won't hit outside. I ran after the ball, and shouted for back up. I won't probbably catch it, but I can't let this fail! It's gonna hit the ground! Guess I have to do that!

I dived and luckily I hit the ball back in midair, setting the ball to Tee who backed me up. I looked at Stereo and his reaction was priceless. Tee spiked the ball with all his might but Stereo and his team was still dumbfounded with what I just pulled a while ago and didn't even react! Ha! Revenge success!

We won the friendly competition!

Stereo's POV

I can't believe what Melody did their. She.Just.Dived.The.Ball,

She wasn't really athletic, and I didn't even taught her that.

But I really wanted to congratulate her, but she shot a deadly glare saying "Don't come to me or you're dead." Guess she's still angry. They were about to give her a victory lift but when they were about to carry her she instantly clutched her right elbow. It looked like she was in pain! I insticntly ran towards her but Anne intercepted.

"You think she would be happy to see you? She's obviously still angry at you."

"But still!"

"Stereo, I'm the one telling you. She'll just push you away she might even hit you in the process, thus hurting her injured arm more. You don't want that to happen right?"

She's right knowing how stubborn Melody is, and her glare a while ago was enough.

I just clenched my fist in anger seeing Troy helping her to go to the infirmary. That should have been me. Me her bestfriend! I deeply regretted the words I said to her. I wished I've never said that.

__***__

After handling the issue, Mrs. Johnson came back and we started the rest of the sets. Anne was trying her best to make my long face into the doe shape it has always been but I can't help worrying for Melody. I mean any bestfriend would still worry for his or her bestfriend even though they're not good terms with each other.

I hope she's ok.

Melody's POV

" Ow. ow .."

"Don't worry Melody, I'm here, everything will be over soon." - Tee

"You go girl!" - Apple

"Nice stunt!" - Shannon

"What a show!" - Yuri

"Outstanding!" - Bonnie

"Wow, thanks. I just wanted us to win. Never thought that it'll lead to this."

"You won the game alright but you also won a broken elbow, wow. Really Sheila? You're still reckless as ever. *tongue out*

"Sheila?!" All of the girls said at once.

"Yes, that my second name, you see. Tee and I were childhood friends. I call him Tee and he calls me Sheila. I really kept that name hidden so please don't tell others."

"Wow, how could you hide something from us?!" -All of them.

"I really don't want that name of mine to spread so I only tell it to people I trust, so I'm telling you know."

"Aww.." - All of them.

Jeez.. Wow, what's the big deal out of my second name anyway?

I told them to go back to the gym and amuse themselves with the rest of the game, at first they didn't want to, but they ended up doing what I said. Hahaha, glares are really powerful and handy in time y'know. I'll catch up to them in the next class anyway.

Looks like, Stereo didn't even come. Guess he really don't care anymore. He listened to Anne the moment she intercepted him. His face really looked concerned though.

I'm not really in the position to complain either. I glared at him when our eyes met. He knew what that meant, the "don't come here or your dead" glare.

"Dear, is something bothering you?" The school nurse who was attending to my broken elbow asked.

"My bestfriend, we fought."

"Oh that's serious, you should work things out."

"I'd love to, but it's just too hard! I can't bring myself to do it."

"Dear, don't let pride get into the way of your friendship. I"m sure fate will make a way but you must make a way yourself."

I reflected deeply on that. I don't want this in the first place. I just wanted to be how it was when we were close. Everyday was dull behind him. Almost as if the world dosen't have a color. Even though Tee, was always there to make me happy, it's still different when Stereo does it. She's right. She was absolutely right.

"Thanks a lot, miss. That was just what I needed. Thank you."

"No biggie, your arm is fine now but try not to move it so much ok?"

"Ok, thanks. I better go back to class."

"Take care!"

"You too!"

Fate will make a way huh?