Dowoon

Already knowing Young K was probably going to come out of there beat up, I go to the mini mart around the corner for a drink for myself and some band-aids and an egg for any bruises he might have.

I check my phone to see if Seola's off work yet, already anxious to call her and check on her.

I have lots to tell you later. Let me know when you're home, okay hun? I love you, I text.

As soon as I tuck away my phone, I see a very angry, yet very kept together Young K.

"What the hell?" he asks, a smile of disbelief appearing on his lips. He takes a seat and points at his lip. "You're lucky it was just this cut that would leave a huge mark. If there were more, I would have passed the beating to you."

I take out my gifts for him and put them on the table.

"An egg? What, for my bruises?" he scoffs.

I nod at him while sipping my drink. "Yeah. And once the swelling goes down, you have a healthy snack."

He laughs at me, rolling the egg on the part of his face that began swelling.

"I owe you my life, don't I?" I laugh back.

"You bet you do!" Young K exclaims. "The fangirls, now this? If I hang around you any longer, a tank is gonna come after me."

"Thanks, man. I appreciate it," I say gratefully.

"Don't mention it."