Chapter 1

"Yes, dad. I have already packed everything.", I said rolling my eyes.
"Fine. Yeah. Bye.", I said and rushed from the house. I didn't hear anything that he said but I just agreed with him. I needed to go to school and didn't have time for another dad's 'story'.
   "Time!", my friend Catherine said when she saw me.
   "I know, I know. I'm sorry. You know that my dad needs to have everything under control, especially now when he got a job in that big lawyer company.", I sighed.

    Well, this is where story can begin. I'm Ivy Black, almost 17 year old teenager who is going to high school. Next to me is my best friend Catherine Zagman. She is already 17 and we are always together. We are almost different in every way but it's fun when you have someone who is your contrast. We are friends since we were kids and helping and teasing each other is our daily routine.
Our way to school is always full of jokes and teasing so we are always soon there.

   "This is gonna be another boring year.", Catherine sighed.
    "Yes. But look at from the bright side. We have this one and one more year until collage.", I said looking around to see someone new but with no success.
   "Still I don't have any activities here. Everything is boring.", she said when I opened mouth to say something, "And DON'T tell me it has because you've recently started to watch baseball. I don't find it interesting. "
   "But it is fun. And you promised me you will come with me to the next game.", I protested.
   "But what's the point? You even don't know players' names.
    "I will learn. What is your first class?"
    "Umm...", she said looking for her schedule in her bag, "It's... biology."
    "Oh. I have P.E. I have to hurry. It starts in 10 minutes. See you later then.", I said waving at her and running.
    It turned out that I have P.E. with most boring people in my generation. First I managed to put my lion hair in pony tail. I have curly hair and it's very hard to keep it calm. Catherine has almost same as me but her hair is straight. While I was putting on my T-shirt, my boring 'friend' Cassy came to me. She is rich and spoiled and no one wants to hang out with her because she is evil and she wants everything to be exactly like she wants. Let's say Catherine and I are stuck with her and we are too 'polite' to say her to fuck off.
    "Hey, I'm so glad to have P.E. with you. We haven't hung out for a while.", she said showing her 'smile'. She is not pretty at all.
    "Yeah. Amazing.", I said giving her fake smile and standing up. Oh my God. This will be a long year.
     While we were going on field, she was talking about some boring stuff and I wasn't listening to her at all. That is why I didn't notice that she went to tie her sneakers on other side and a guy in front of me who bumped into me. I fell down.
    "Hey. Watch out.", I said angrily, trying to get up.
    "I'm sorry. Let me help you.", he said giving me hand to stand up. He had big glasses and some uniform. He was completely nerd.
    "I'm in rush so I didn't notice you. I haven't seen you before. I'm Austin."
   "Yeah, I'm Ivy. You should be careful next time.", I said cleaning myself.
     "Yes, I'm clumsy.", he said rubbing back of his neck and smiling nervously, "I have to go now. Nice to meet you, Ivy.", and he run away.
   "Nice to meet you too.", I said but more to myself than out loud. I just shrugged.
   "What was that?", Cassy said running to me.
    "Some guy knocked me down. Never mind. Let's go."
     Rest of the class, just like rest of the day, was very boring. I'm not sport person but I like to watch it. I can't wait for baseball match tomorrow. I will make Catherine to come with me.

    "I can't tell who is clumsier. He because he didn't watch or you because you fell down.", Catherine said on our way home.
    "Ha ha. Very funny.", I said rolling my eyes, "Anyway, do you have any plans for tomorrow after school?"
    "I think I don't. Why?"
    "Great. You, me, baseball match, tomorrow.", I said laughing and going faster a little because I knew how Catherine's reaction would be.
    "No! I'm not coming."
    "You've already said you don't have any plans so you can't avoid it. See you tomorrow, girl.", I said teasing her and getting into house.
   "You will pay me for this!", I heard that she said. She is very easy target to be teased. Every time.

     So, like I said, I made her to come with me. I wore cap and jacket with team's name while Catherine was dressed just like every single day. I chose place to sit.
    "C'mon, Cat.", I said punching her a little," Change your face. You look like you came to the funeral."
   "What do you expect when you brought me here against my will?", she rolled her eyes and holding her head with one hand. She looked so bored.
    "You will like it. Look, players are coming.", I said pointing on other side of the field. They stood in line for a while when speakerman started to introduce guests.
   "So, now it's time for our boys. First, pride of our team, Jack Sanders. ", he yelled. I didn't know him or any other player.
    "Austin York." That name was familiar. I looked down to see guy who bumped on me yesterday.
    "Hey, look. That guy is the one from yesterday.", I said pointing on him.
    "The one who knocked you down? He doesn't look like ballplayer.", Cat said trying to see him better.
    "Yeah. I thought he is nerd. Apparently look isn't important."

     Game was really good. I was cheering all the time while Cat was just watching. Our players were great and they won at the end.
    "It wasn't that bad, right?", I said as we were walking out of field.
     "I guess so. I still have to learn rules. But...", she wanted to say but then we heard something. We turned around to see that someone was running and waving at us. And two other boys are running after him. As he came closer I recognized him.
     "Hey, Ivy. I was trying to reach for you... but... you were... too far...", Austin said holding his chest and trying to catch breath.
    "Hey, Austin. Great game.", I said when I saw that two other boys came as well.
    "Thank you... I wanted to ask you how are you. Did you hurt yesterday?"
     "No, I'm OK. Thanks for asking. This is my friend Catherine.", I said pointing on Cat next to me. She waved.
    "Nice to meet you. And these are my friends, Jack and Frankie."
   "Hey.", they said at the same time.
   "So, you are famous Jack Sanders?", I said smiling and shaking hands with him.
   "Yeah. You are a baseball fan?", he said smiling as well.
    "From couple of months now, but yes, I am a baseball fan."
    "You two should come to our practice time tomorrow. I have place for it.", Austin say fixing his glasses.
     "Your place is the one for baseball near school?", Cat said.
     "Family business actually. But I would like you to come."
    "I'm in. You?", I said looking at Cat.
    "I guess so.", she said nervously but smiling.
   "So see you guys after school tomorrow?", Frankie asked. He had a nice smile.
    "Yeah. See ya.", I said.

   "Apparently you don't hate baseball that much, do you?", I said teasing Cat when we arrived at my house.
    "I can't let you go alone with strangers.", she said sarcastically. She was teasing me, obviously.
    "For sure.", I said showing my tongue to her.
   "Will we see each other tonight?"
    "No... I have to do my history homework.", I said in crying voice.
   "Pity. See you tomorrow then. And don't be late.", she said.
  "Fine!"
   "Hey, honey. How was in school?", my mum said as I walked into house.
    "Boring. But match was great. Our boys won.", I said taking bag off my shoulders and jumping on sofa.
    "That is great. My day was bad. Too many papers.", she said. My mum is an accountant by the way.
    "And where are dad and Oscar?"
   "Oscar is at grandma's place and dad still has a lot of work in court."
    Oscar is my younger brother and he is 12 and my dad is 'strict' lawyer who is always late at home because of job.
    "I'm not hungry. I'm going to my room to do my homework.", I said getting up and going upstairs.
     "I'll bring you food in your room later", I heard mum yelled. I couldn't answer her because I was too tired and I just stretched on my bed. Tomorrow I will finally try to play baseball and those guys seemed cool. It will be a good day.