Chapter 6

Curled in a ball, I was lying in my bed all night. My pillow and my blanket weren't enough for my tears. Every tear and every sob were painful. My head was killing me but I didn't care. I didn't want to sleep. I couldn't. Every time I closed my eyes, I could see myself standing in the dark and Frankie and Kelsey kissing in front of me. I would try to run but I would stay in one place. I could hear his voice in my head. He was calling me but I didn't turn to see him. He was my illusion, my mistake. I felt guilty for trusting him. I had some feelings for him, I knew it. For a moment, I thought he felt the same. But no. He trampled my feelings. I felt awful because I'm 17 years old girl who was saying this. Too soon, isn't it?
     Night is long, but not enough for me to drown my feelings. Zayn's music helped me to forgot for a while and to fall asleep. My eyes were in pain and on my cheeks were stains of tears. My arms were stuck on my chest. Falling asleep was the hardest thing in that moment.
      Sun light peeked through my curtains and fell on my face. I felt it but I was too weak to enjoy or even to make a move. I rubbed my cheeks and I managed to turn on other side. Soon I felt hand on my forehead. I opened my eyes to see my mum above me. My head was in pain, my eyes were red and in pain as well, I felt cold and weakness through my whole body.
     "Ivy, what's wrong with you, honey? You are so pale and I think you have a fever.", she said.
     "I feel awful. I'm sick.", I said trying to get up. I put pillow higher behind my back and I lied on it.
     "I can see that. What do you think about staying home today?"
    "I think that's the best solution.", I said in weak voice. It really was the best solution.
     "I have to go to work. Dad will take Oscar to school and he is going to work too. Call me if you need something. Call me if you decide to go to doctor too. Alright?"
     "Alright.", I said closing my eyes. I felt like I was falling down. I felt mum's kiss on my forehead and I tried to smile but I couldn't.
       Next thing I remember that I woke up from sudden. I looked on the clock and it was 9 am. I was sleeping just for 2 hours. I pulled my blanket and sat in the corner of my bed. I rubbed my face and went to the mirror. I looked like actress from horror movies. My hair wasn't messy, it was catastrophe. I wasn't in my pajama. I was in red hoodie and grey skinny pants. I needed to put myself in order. I took a shower and changed my clothes in T-shirt and other pants. I didn't have appetite so I just grabbed snack. I didn't want stomach ache too. I sat on sofa, covered myself in blanket and watched 'The Notebook'. What an irony.
     After some time I fell asleep again and door bell woke me up. I jumped and all snacks fell on the ground. I cursed underneath my breath and went to open the door.
     "Girl, are you alive?!!", Cat yelled as I opened the door.
     "For the love of God, please don't yell. I can't hear my own thoughts or even see what is in front of me.", I said holding my head. It was still killing me. My eyes were half open. I couldn't see anything because of too much light. I was a vampire, literally.
    "You look like you were drank last night. "
     "I wish I was. Come on in.", I said coming inside and letting Cat to close the door.
     "What's going on with you? You need to answer me lot of questions.", Cat said sitting on sofa opposite of mine.
      "Why I'm not surprised?", I sighed and rolled my eyes.
      "You looked okay yesterday. I thought I am the one who is sick but I'm fine now. What happened to you?"
     "I got sick over the night. Next question!"
     "Don't play games with me. What happened with Miles last night?"
     "It was good. Better than I expected actually."
     "Oh really? And how Frankie fits in your story?", she said leaning forward and crossing her hands. I closed my eyes.
      "Why don't you tell me first why are you putting him in this?"
     "Because he asked for you. Where are you, how are you, did you say something, did I talk to you. He showed up from nowhere. I couldn't answer him because I didn't know anything about you. Just that your mum told me you are sick."
     "That's odd.", I said with cold face, "I thought he has important job than asking all around for me."
     "What do you mean?"
     "Nothing. Really nothing.", I said biting my lip. I felt tears in my eyes again.
     "Ivy, you really think I'm stupid? What happened with Frankie last night?!", she shouted last sentence and I couldn't take it anymore. I burst into tears. Cat stood up and sat next to me. She hugged me and whispered in my ear one soft "Shh."
      I told her everything about last night. I didn't skip any detail. She was sitting next to me in silence. She was speechless. I removed my hair from my eyes and took a deep breath.
     "I didn't know about that.", was everything she said.
     "I don't want to see him again. Never.", I said turning look at the ground.
     "He said he phoned you but you didn't answer. So did I, Austin and Jack at the end."
      "I turned off my phone. I didn't want to hear anyone."
       I felt safe and calm with Cat and I didn't want her to leave. She was telling me some funny things and I would give her weak smile from time to time. She stayed until my parents came. Before she went, she said she will call me and she made me to turn on my phone later.
      I was watching TV when my brother came to living room.
     "Hey. How are you feeling?", he said sitting next to me.
     "Bad but I'm surviving. You don't seem fine too.", I said looking at him. I knew when he felt down or when he was lying.
    "Some guys bothered me today.", he said hiding his look.
     "Oh, love, try to avoid them. Until I come. Your big sister will show them where is their spot.", I smiled and smile appeared on his face too. He hugged me so tight. He hasn't done it in a while. It was quite enjoyable and I hugged him back.
      When evening came, I decided to turn on my phone. I had bunch of missed calls and messages. They were from Cat, Jack, Austin and HIM. I deleted his messages and listened to others. For my surprise, Jack and Austin were really concerned about me. Their messages were like 'Where are you, girl?' , 'There is no one to be sarcastic. We miss you.' , 'When will you go to school?'. I smiled on those but I didn't answer.
     Like she promised, Cat called me and after our conversation I felt a lot better. I decided to get out of 'depression' and to eat finally.
      Next morning I didn't go to school again. I wanted to get more rest. I felt relieved. I made real breakfast and I enjoyed time to myself.
     About 1 pm my phone rang. I knew it was Cat because it was time when we usually arrive from school.
     "Finally feeling better?", she said.
     "Yes. I can breath properly now.", I smiled.
      "I missed you today. I don't have anyone to argue with."
      "Ha ha. I know."Even we always fight, it's really hard to live without her.
      "Because you are better, I want to invite you for sleepover tonight.", she said. By her voice, I could say she was really excited about that idea.
      "Sounds good."
      "Amazing. I'll be waiting for you. 8 pm. Don't you dare to be late. Love you."
       Honestly I couldn't wait for that night. Sleepovers with Cat were always amazing. My dad brought me to Cat's house. I rang and her younger sister opened the door.
     "Hi, Ivy. Come on in. Catherine is expecting you. ", she said kissing me. Cat was behind her.
     "Hey, Ivy. Finally.", Cat said hugging me, "Let's go. I've planned everything."
      She took my hand and brought me upstairs. Her room was clean of course. But I started to laugh when I saw her bed. It was half red and half blue. Obviously I was supposed to sleep on red and she on blue side. Our favourite colors. Desk was full of snacks and balloons were all over the floor.
    "You really did plan everything.", I laughed.
    "Have you doubted?", she laughed too. I ran and hugged her really tight. I'm so happy that I have that person in my life. She knows me better than anyone. She laughs with me, she makes me smile, she comforts me, she is sad when I am sad. She tried to cheer me up in those moments and I couldn't thank her enough.
      Number of party things we were doing was uncountable. I was laughing so hard. Nothing could change those moments. Fortunately her parents didn't kick us out. Finally we calmed down about 12 am and started talking normally. Cat was talking about that day at school.
     "... and I thought that was it. But he really helped me to figure it out." She was melting while talking that.
     "He? Who is HE, Cat?", I said smirking. She covered her mouth and then started laughing. I was guessing who it was but I wanted to tease her. Her gestures and body language told me everything.
     "Jack. I had great time with him today."Right after she said that, her phone buzzed. It said 'Jack' with big letters.
     "Wow. What a timing.", I said in shock but she was more shocked than me. I grabbed her phone and read the message. She tried to stop me but she didn't make it.
     " 'I hope I'll see you again in art class tomorrow. It's more fun with you. See you.' You didn't tell me about this. ", I said holding her phone. She tried to reach for it but I didn't let her. It was funnier that way.
      "I was planning.", she said and took a deep breath, "I think I like him but I know I shouldn't. He has a girlfriend. And we are just friends."
     "You never know. Wait to see what will happen.", I said giving her phone. She answered Jack. I reached to hug her but then my phone buzzed. Cat reached to take it but when she saw 'Frankie' written on it, she stepped back. I sighed and deleted message.
     "Why did you do that?", Cat said looking at me and then on my phone.
     "He's been sending me messages all day and I deleted every single one. It's better that way.", I said with cold face. But my phone kept buzzing.
      "Can I read it at least?", Cat asked. She gave me puppy eyes.
     "No!", I said grabbing pillow and punching her in face. She flew far away.
      "Hey that was unexpected.", she said from corner. She stood up rubbing her butt because she fell really hard. She took another pillow and punched me. We fought for a while when Cat suddenly stopped. She looked on the window.
     "What's the matter?", I asked. By her face, she was really worried.
     "I don't know. I think I heard something."