Chapter 9

"Ivy, I swear to God I'm gonna kill this thing!", my dad was yelling from downstairs. I knew what was going on so I quickly came down. The scene I saw in the living room was quite funny. My dad was catching Tay, my cat, who was running all over the room, carrying something in her mouth. I put hand on my mouth to hold laugh.
      "Don't you dare to laugh. Catch that cat! She has my files.", my dad said pointing on Tay who just jumped on the highest cupboard.
     "Oh no. No, no, no."
     "Wait, dad. I'll take her.", I said. I picked up Tay's little ball from the ground and stood in front of cupboard.
      "Hey, Tay. Look what I have."
She peeked a little to see what I had in my hands. I saw that she had dad's USB in her mouth. The ball was her favourite toy and she hesitated will she jump. I put my arms towards her. She swung her tail and jumped in my arms.
     "That's my girl. Now give me that. Good.", I said taking USB and giving it to dad.
     "You are the only person that she obeys", my dad frowned and went back to his papers.
     "You should be more polite to her. She is just a baby.", I said cuddling with Tay. She curled in a ball in my arms and stuck her warm body to my chest.
     "She is wild. And I don't have time for her. I don't know why did I let her to stay in a first place.", he said.
     "Because I begged you. And you have a sweet soul.", I said with my 'best' smile. He looked at me over his glasses and I leaned down and kissed him on the cheek.
      "You manipulator. Go to bed.", he said shaking his head. I always knew how to get what I want. Maybe my dad will disagree but at the end he will allowed me that. He is so strict so I have to be careful sometimes.
      "Good night, daddy.", I said getting out of room and carrying Tay with me. I heard dad mumbled "good night" behind me. I smiled and went upstairs again. I put Tay on my bedroom floor and I lied on my bed. She was playing with her ball and somehow she always managed to throw it under the bed. I laughed at her. Looking at her I became tired and in one moment I felt like my eyes were getting heavier and slowly I closed them. After some time, I felt Tay jumping on my bed and curling between my arm and my body. She put her head on my arm and took a breathe. Her breathe tickled my arm and I pulled it closer to me. Tay found her spot again and continued sleeping. I smiled and continued sleeping as well.
       Next day, I brought my headphones in school. I needed to finish my poem and music always gives me inspiration. Cat was annoyed because of that and she was mumbling constantly. I'd just shrug and continue with my work. I was so excited and nervous about everything. No one has ever read any of my works and criticism was strange to me. I mean, Cat did but that was different. She would never say is something bad or not.
      One the break I was sitting on the stairs and listening to music again. With closed eyes, I could see pictures and words which fitted to them. I was building my own world in my head. I enjoyed in it until some fool came and shook me from my world. I jumped and put off my headphones.
      "Are you planning to be like that all the time?", Cat said in front of me with crossed arms. She was eyeing me and notebook in my arms. She was approving my writing career but she thought someday I will get lost in all dreams and impossible things. I didn't blame her for that.
     "I guess not. But I must admit I wouldn't mind that.", I said with smirk. Cat rolled her eyes.
     "I know. But now we have lecture about this year camping. Did you forget that we are going this year?"
Again, I did. Boy, I'm really bad at remembering things. Autumn Camping is camping where students of last two years go to forest near our town. This year my generation is going as well and this is our first time so we need lecture about whole program. The oldest year will be there too.
     "So, are you going on your own or do I need to pick you up?", Cat said obviously making a point.
     "I can by myself, thank you.", I said putting my headphones in my pocket and my notebook in my bag. As I got up, the bell rang for end of the break.
We entered the school and we went to big hall where lecture was. But before we got in the hall, Cat was taken away by Sally. She pulled her out of crowd and I just rolled my eyes. I had to go in there otherwise we wouldn't have a seat. When I got in everything was crowded. People were trying to grab a seat and they weren't watching out will they push or hurt someone. I saw Grace and Sierra sitting together but there weren't any free seat around them so I went on the other side. While I was walking, one guy almost fell in front of me. I stepped few steps back. He managed to grab nearest chair and to stand up. He turned to me and mumbled short "sorry" and moved on. I shook my head and saw free chairs in one of the last rows. I went there and sat down. I put my bag on desk and pulled out my notebook again. Despite all noise, screaming and weird sounds I was almost done with my poem. I looked up to see Cat coming to me. But at the same time professor was coming in and everyone jumped to find their place. Cat was about to sit next to me when from sudden Frankie appeared and he switched with Cat. Before I could say anything he pushed her away and he sat on her spot. Cat went around and Jack called her from other side to sit with him. She didn't know what to do because she was so confused and not able to fight with Frankie.
      "What are you trying to do?", I almost yelled but I forgot I have to be quiet so I looked down. Again he made me furious and I was about to slap him this time.
     "I'm trying to talk to you. And this time you'll listen to me one way or another.", he said through his teeth. I've never seen him like that and yes, he was scary, but I wasn't scared, even though I was breathing faster than usual. I clenched my fists trying to answer him on more cruel and arrogant way.
     "I told you I don't want to listen to you and...", I was about to say but he put his hands on my fists, pulling them down. At the same time, professor clapped with his hands. We all looked down. That was my salvation because my body was stiffed again. His touch drives me crazy every time and that's my kryptonite.
     "Attention please. We have big announcement.", professor started talking, "We are here because of our season event, Autumn Camping. As you know, students of last two years usually go to Roscow Forest but this year it will be different. Because of all things with wolves in Roscow Forest, this year students will go to Mayblan Forest. Everything else will be the same. Students will stay for 5 days in forest with chosen teachers. Similar to scouts, students will learn about nature, surviving in unknown and cooperation. New things and new environment will help you to improve your skills and orientation. This is your own will and no one can make you to go but if you go, then you will have to obey rules. First rule is... " That was the last thing I heard because Frankie pulled his chair closer to me and he was so close to my ear, whispering something. Chills ran through my whole body and I tried to stand back but he held my chair.
      "Listen, that night was a mistake. I swear to God it wasn't supposed to be like that. I didn't mean to kiss Kelsey..."
      "Let me guess. That was also a mistake.", I whispered turning to him, "These stories you can tell someone else. I'm not stupid like girls who are running after you because you are selfish ballplayer. I stay away from people like you." Our faces were close and we were looking each other straight into eyes. His brown eyes were killing me. I thought I'll drown in them when some guy in front of us turned to us.
     "Hey, lovebirds. Express your emotions on other place. Some of us are trying to hear something.", he said showing us to shut up.
       I pulled my chair away from Frankie and continued to listen to professor. I heard Frankie sighed and turned down as well.
      "... so you are going in 7 days. Ask your teachers if you don't understand something. They will help you. Thank you for your attention. You can go back on class. See you in 7 days.", professor finished.
      I quickly stood up but I forgot Frankie is a ballplayer and he held my hand. I looked at his brown eyes again.
     "You are the last person I want to be away from me.", he said with soft voice. People were passing by and pushing me so he had to let my hand. I went with crowd. Either way I didn't know what to tell him. He always plays with my mind and my feelings. I couldn't say was he honest or not.
      I went out of hall and I was about to go to Mrs. Dana's classroom when someone grabbed me again. What's wrong with these people? This time Sally was the one who grabbed me. Zaria was behind her.
      "You liar. You didn't tell me.", she said smirking.
      "What?", I looked at her confused.
      "You and Frankie. You seduced him."
      I was in rush and she stopped me to say that shit? People were passing by and she stopped me for that?
     "With all respect, Sally, but fuck off.", I said rolling my eyes and turning away. I guessed I left her speechless.
       Classroom's door were opened but I still knocked. Mrs. Dana turned and smiled when she saw me.
      "Welcome, Ivy. Please take a seat. We are waiting for other students."
I nodded and sat in last row. I was nervous and scared. My only audience by now was Cat and I wasn't sure do I want to share my feelings and my thoughts with others. I held my notebook really tight while others were reading their poems.
      "That was really nice, Dakota. Thank you. Alright, Ivy, are you ready?", Mrs. Dana said. I nodded and stood up. With insecure walk, I got to desk where poems were being read.
     "Please introduce yourself."
     "Hello, everyone. My name is Ivy Black. I'll be 17 soon. Writing is my big passion and I hope you will like my work. My first public poem is 'One Touch'.", I said without air. I was so nervous that I forgot to breath. I took breathe and slowly started to read my poem. While I was reading, everyone were quiet. I felt power in that moment and I proudly said the last sentence. I looked up to see Cat standing on door and smiling and Mrs. Dana who started clapping. With her, all students started clapping as well. I felt relieved.
      When Cat and I wanted to go, Mrs. Dana came to us.
     "Ivy, I wanted to tell you that your talent is incredible. Every line is perfectly written. I hope you will continue with this club."
      "I think I will. I feel better here. Thank you, professor.", I smiled.
     "It was my pleasure. See you next time.", she smiled as well.
     "I'm really proud of you. That poem sounds amazing.", Cat said when we went out.
     "Thank you.", I said with proud smile.
     "But what happened today? Frankie literally pushed me today."
      "He wanted to talk and I didn't. That's it.", I said looking down. My smile faded.
     "Cheer up. We have to think about other things.", Cat said.
     "Camping!", we said at the same time and started laughing.
      I was excited about that. This is our first time and it had to be the best. I knew it will be some awkward and stupid situations but I'll survive. I had Cat with me and I didn't need anyone else.

_____________________________________ 

Hey thank you for reading my story. I will stop on this chapter and take a pause. I need more ideas and time to make something better. This is not the end of 'Players of love' just a break. I don't know will I write something else on this break but if you want, please tell me.  ♥️♥️♥️

All the love xxx 

P.S. - 'One Touch' is really my poem ☺️🙈