The reason

The following images contain graphic content. Discretion is advised. 

Not that you would care, but I've been through some stuff lately and i haven't been able to write much. 

So, what happened:

About a month and a half ago my dog, a five year old Chihuahua, was attacked by another dog while he was out for a walk. 

The attacker dog came from behind and bit my dog's right hind leg. My dog didn't defend himself because he was on a leash and stuck on a bush. This ultimately led to my dog's leg being broken. 

His bone was sticking out and he was bleeding a lot. 

My mother and sister rushed Timon (my dog) to the nearest emergency vet.

Timon was in desperate need for reconstructive surgery. Two days later we pick him up but are greeted by a heartbreaking sight. 

Throughout these events Timon is always sad, drugged, and stays inside

Throughout these events Timon is always sad, drugged, and stays inside. He can't be taken out for walks and is constantly sleeping.

Not a day later he starts bleeding like crazy. He goes back with the vet. 

His leg has new stitches. 

2 day pass and he's taken to the vet again. His leg dried up. His skin was dead. In fear of an infection, Timon stays with the vet for a couple days.  

Timon lost his leg.  

Fortunately, the healing process was much faster

Fortunately, the healing process was much faster. Timon can now go out for walks. He's learned to run, sit and lay down with 3 legs. 

He's very strong and I'm really proud of him. 

His stitches were removed 2 days ago and we're planning on taking him to the lake to chase some ducks and jump in the water to celebrate. 

He's doing great and he's learning fast. 

These past six weeks have been some of the hardest in my short life. I've learned a lot about perseverance and patience as well as compassion and helping my little one to overcome this new challenge in his life.

Please love and take care of your pets.