Chapter eighteen

Haruka's P.O.V

"Haruka, Hikaru and Kaoru are on the phone. I think you should take to them."

I froze.

Haruhi was standing in the door to the room, and I looked over my shoulder at her, eyes wide.

Why would she do that? Is she bluffing to see my reaction? If she's not, did she tell them who I really am?

"I..." I had no idea what to say.

"Haruka, we have school tomorrow, you can't avoid them forever." She said.

I gulped, standing up slowly. I reached my hand for the phone. She smiled as she handed it to me.

"Hello...?" I spoke hesitantly.

"Hello? Who is this?" Hikaru asked.

I looked to Haruhi, who nodded. My legs trembled with fear, but I wasn't exactly sure why.

"Hello?" Kaoru repeated when I said nothing. My voice had disappeared completely, and my instincts began to take over.

I dropped the phone, and I started running.

I heard Haruhi call after me, but I just ran, out of the apartment and down the street.

I ran all the way to the forest, the one where I committed suicide, stopping at the cliff I used to visit.

Why did I chose to come here of all places? Would it just be easier to do that again? I would be able to save them the trouble of me and they could go back to their normal lives.

I shook my head.

No. I'm better than that now. I wonder if they'll come to find me though.

Haruhi's P.O.V

Haruka dropped the phone, running out of the house.

I called after her, but she didn't respond, so I quickly picked up the phone.

"Haruhi? Who was that?" Kaoru asked.

"It was Haruka, who assumed the identity of Aki Shugino. I told her she should talk to you guys, but she dropped the phone and ran away."

I explained.

Hikaru's P.O.V

"Haruhi? Who was that?" Kaoru asked.

"It was Haruka, who assumed the identity of Aki Shugino. I told her she should talk to you guys, but she ran away."

My heart stopped the second she said Haruka's name. From the look on his face, Kaoru was the same. We stared at each other, unsure of what to say.

Haruka is alive. We lost her, but somehow... she's back. We cannot waste this chance.

Kaoru and I had the same thoughts, translating into the same looks on our faces, determined. We were determined to find Haruka and help her, apologize to her, save her.

No matter what, we were getting our third piece back, and we were finally going to be whole, no matter what our Mom told us to do.

"Haruhi, call the host club and Morgana, Nagisa too. We're going after her."

I said

"Do you know where she might have went?"

Kaoru asked, but as he did, we all knew. She was going to the cliff.

"We have to hurry."

Kaoru and I said, hanging up the phone and rushing down the stairs of the manor.

As our hands hit the door, we heard someone speak from behind us.

"Where are you two going so late at night?"

Our mother's voice echoed from behind us.

"We're going to find Haruka." We said, unable to think up a believable excuse.

She looked surprised.

"Why bother? He's six feet under now-"

"She." We corrected, only making her that much more surprised.

"You know?"

We nodded.

"I forbid you to go. He's dead now, and he was a worthless piece of nothing. Get over him, you two are so much better and he doesn't deserve you to visit his grave. He doesn't even deserve to have a grave."

She said, not even bothering to address Haruka as a girl.

"She's not dead!" Kaoru cried.

"She's alive, and our sister. We're going to find her and bring her back to us. More than you ever did for her! You used her as a tool, and you forced us to do the same! Do you know what we had to do to her because of you? We had to watch her get bullied and abused, we had to watch her hurt herself and pretend not to care, we had to watch her die!"

I added, screaming at her.

"You ungrateful little brat! It's because of me that she exists, and that you've had a protector all this time! I made her into a perfect shield for you two, but no, that's not good enough, you can't treat her like what she is; an object that I own!"

She yelled.

"She is a person, and on top of that our sister! We are going to find her." We said together, running out the doors before she could stop us.

--------

Hey guys! How's it going? Hope you're enjoying the story, I know I love writing it! Please please please give me your feedback and constructive criticism, it's really appreciated! I want to know what I can do to make your experience as a reader more enjoyable! Anyway, the next chapter should be out tomorrow, or maybe today depending on your time zone. It's 1 in the morning here and I'm exhausted lol. Also, if there's anything you want to know about me and my motivations for the story, or the story itself, please feel free to ask! I love talking to you guys, see you all soon!

Chapter eighteen written by Luna_Ackerman10. Please please please support her as she has gone through lots of trouble just to get this chapter done. Thank you and have a nice day! (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧