Chapter Twenty four

Hikaru's P.O.V

Kaoru and I waited until night to sneak into our mother's office. We had to know what happened to Haruka, and she might have something in her office.

"If she kicked Haruka out, what are we gonna do?" Kaoru asked me.

"We'll go find her of course. We promised to be there for her now, we can't back out on it." I replied matter-of-factly, my voice a low whisper.

We crept down the stairs, trying to avoid alerting the servants or our mother.

When we reached her office, Kaoru slowly turned the doorknob and stepped into the office. I closed the door behind us and turned on the lights.

"So what exactly are we looking for?" Kaoru asked.

"I'm not sure, anything you think might lead to Haruka, a note, a letter, something." I suggested. Kaoru nodded, and we began to search the office.

There were mannequins in the center and to the sides, along with cabinet drawers. Her desk  was along the far wall. I looked through the cabinets while Kaoru searched her desk.

A few minutes of searching later, I heard a gasp. I turned to Kaoru, who was staring down at an open drawer of the desk.

"Did you find something?" I asked him, walking over to his side.

I was shocked when I saw what he was looking at and dropped the file folder I was holding, the papers scattering all over the floor.

"Oh my gosh, Haruka..." I whispered.

Sitting in the drawer was a taser along with two million yen in cash.

"Why... why is there money and a taser?" Kaoru asked, fear in his voice.

"I don't know, but let's find out. I don't see any notes, so maybe one of Mom's calls can tell us what happened to Haruka." I suggested.

"We should call the boss."

--2 hours later--

"What's so important that you had to call us all out to an abandoned parking lot?" Tamaki said, clearly tired and annoyed.

"It's about Haruka, she disappeared, and we found a taser and two million yen in Mom's office."

The host club looked surprised.

"Two million yen is pocket money for someone of your mother's status, and the taser could very well be for self defence. She has a celebrity status after all." Kyoya offered.

"I don't know, I'm worried about her too." Haruhi said.

"But Haru-chan is really strong!" Honey said.

"She does have weaknesses though." Kaoru said.

"Like being caught off guard." I added.

"We were hoping you could hack Mom's phone so we can see her recent calls." We told Kyoya.

He nodded.

"I'll see what I can do, but I won't have results until tomorrow."

We nodded reluctantly.

Haruka could be in danger... we can't wait very long.

I thought, sensing the same feeling from Kaoru.

"Call us the second you get into the phone." We ordered, and Kyoya nodded once more.

"I will."

And with that, we all went our separate ways.

"What if something happened to Haruka? What if she goes missing for another year, or what if she's..." Kaoru trailed off. I knew where he was going with it.

"No. We'll find her, I know we will. We have to."
________

Written by the amazing Luna_Ackerman10 check out more of her amazing works and don't forget to follow her if you like this content!