~12~

Journey P.O.V

I was laying down on my bed at my grandma house while on FaceTime with August with my headphones on.

"Nah man Im not wit all that clown shit." He said causing me to laugh.

"Please I wanna see it." I said trying to convince him we should go see it when I go to N.O. in and couple days.

"Ight man, I swear you put a spell on my ass." He said causing me to laugh even harder.

"Why you say that." I asked

"Because I can say no to anybody in the world except for you." He said

"Awwww" I said

"You so annoying" he said

"Yea whatever" I said

"And just to let you know ya dog is a damn demon." He said. While me and Jacob are in Atlanta August said he would take care of Winter until we get there.

"My dog is not a demon." I yelled

"Yes he is, he keep staring at me and every time I go near ya room he start barking all loud and shit." He said making me laugh.

"Well he just wanna look at ya and why you going near my room?" I asked

"Because I wanted to see what you go in there." He said

"Stop being nosey and my dog won't bark at ya." I said as I looked up to see Jacob waving his hand in my face.

"Ard Ima talk to you later J in here." I said to August

"Ard" He said before he hung up and I took my headphones off.

"Wassup" I asked

"Nothin' who was that?" He said

"August he talking 'bout Winter a demon." I said as I sat up.

"I believe him ya dog is something of the devil." Jacob said as he sat on the bed too.

"Y'all gonna stop talking about my dog like that." I said as I hit him with a pillow.

"Whatever lil girl." He said as he hit me back.

"What did you want though." I asked

"I just wanted to talk to you see what's up wit you and shit like you don't even call a nigga to more." He said.

" I know I'm sorry I'll try to call more, but I'm fine everything is good at school."

"That's wassup, how is that nigga August treatin' ya?" He asked

"He is treating me good J why you always want something bad to happen?" I asked

"Ion want somethin' bad ta happen but I also don't want that nigga thinkin' he can treat you any ol' way." He said

"I know J but have some faith like dang and I promise if something does go down you'll be one of the first to know." I said

"Ard" He said. "What you bout to do." He asked.

"Nothin' why?" I asked.

"Momma told me check cause when Chris get back we leavin' ." He said causing me to get up and look for my shoes.

My grandma don't like cooking for Thanksgiving so we always go out the day before so that it won't be as crowded. We don't have a big family it's me, Jacob , my grandma, my aunt Gina, and her twin daughters Heaven and Nevaeh who are 17.Every year we go to visit my parents grave on holidays like Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter etc.