Jack

Request by: my cousin

Name insert: Karlie

Warnings: feels

Jack

As we drive out of my hometown, all I can think of is Karlie. Her blue eyes, red hair, everything. How can I not? She was my best friend until I began acting. I guess that's kinda my fault for making time for Ellie, but not her.

     I finally get the nerve to text her. Her contact hasn't ever changed.
'Kar'. I tap on the messages app and sigh.

Karlie

Jacaboi✌🏻️ is typing...
Jackaboi✌🏻️: hey

Karlie is typing...
Karlie: yeah. Hey.

Jackaboi✌🏻️ is typing...
Jackaboi✌🏻️: I know that you're mad at me...

Karlie is typing...
Karlie: you're right. I am.
Karlie is typing...
Karlie: I'm sorry Jack, but I have to go. I'm meeting up with my co-stars.

Jackaboi✌🏻️ is typing...
Jackaboi✌🏻️: Really?! What show?!

Karlie is typing...
Karlie: It's a movie. Ironically called 'IT'. Maybe I'll see you later.

Jack
   Oh. My. God. She doesn't know that I'm in the movie. This isn't good...

Karlie
Three months later
   "Karlie you have to film the scene with Jack. It's unavoidable." Jaeden says to me in a soft voice.

   "I know, but he never made time for me before. It was always Ellie first, best friend/ sister second." I say, the hurt must be evident as Jaeden envelops me into a hug.

    "Hey, would it make you feel better to just go to Wyatt's party tonight? Possibly with me?" He asks, bringing a smile to my face.

    "Why not? It's not like I've got anything better to do." I joke with him. "Shit. I still have to go film with Jack."

    "I'll be out there for you. I promise." Jaeden says before grabbing my hand, and leading us out of his trailer.

Jack
   Everything hurt. There was Karlie. But what just rubbed salt and lemon juice into the wound? She was holding Jaeden's hand for support, not mine.

    She and Jaeden were smiling and laughing. Just like we used to.

And it's all my fault.