Beverly [Two of Two]

Beverley
    I haven't seen Brielle since the day she started staying at Bill's. I get upset knowing that it's my fault too. That's my little sister, who I didn't protect.

    Dad has begun to lock the doors even more insanely, so I can't sneak out to see her. I don't even think that she wants to see me.

Brielle
    It's been almost a month of me living with Bill and his parents. I sleep on the couch most nights, unless his parents aren't home. Then we just share his bed.

    I haven't thought of Beverly in about two weeks, and I hope I never do again. She hurt me, and didn't care.

    "Bri?" Bill asks. His stutter isn't very present when I'm around.

    "Sup Billy boy?" I ask and he grins.

    "Wanna g-go to the buh-barrens?" Bill asks me, and I nod.

    "I'm guessing Richie, Eddie, Stan, Mike, and Ben are going to be there." I question the boy standing over me while I'm sitting on the couch.

    "Yep." He says simply, and I get up to get changed into jean shorts and a black tee-shirt.

[AFTERMATH]
    Beverley and I talked. She explained, and I understood. We made up, and at the end of the summer, went to live with our aunt. It felt better to be okay with her again.