Chapter Five

"Hamilton?" I stood up, almost knocking James's coffee over.
"Thomas Jefferson in the flesh." Alex's hair was frizzy and a mess. "I thought I'd never see you again." He scoffed. "Or at least I hoped so."
"What do you want Hamilton?" Lee asked, still sitting.
"I need help finding John. Eliza said he came looking for me, I can't find him anywhere." Alex looked scared and melancholy, while James just sat there, mortified, like he'd just been caught in the biggest lie ever.
"I'm the absolute last person you want to talk to right now, but please." He pleaded. "I need John back."
"Absolutely not Hamilton." I scoffed. "Do you think after what you did, you can just waltz in here and beg me to help you?"
I heard a chair move behind me as James stood up.
"Thomas, can I talk to you for a moment?" James more commanded the statement, rather saying it as a question. He didn't even give me a chance to say no before he handed Alex a ten dollar bill.
"Go buy yourself a coffee, Sam, George, and Charles will keep you company." He said sweetly, before dragging me outside, the crisp, cold air hit my skin like a slap to the face.
"There's nothing to discuss." I crossed my arms.
"That man needs help Thomas." James glared at me, gesturing at Alex through the glass door.
"Well isn't that just the saddest fucking thing I've ever heard." I rolled my eyes.
"Thomas!" James punched my arm. "I don't care what Hamilton did to you some odd years ago, we are helping that man. With, or without you." James crossed his arms. "You're welcome to leave."
Without speaking, I straightened the collar of my magenta polo shirt angirly, and left.

Hey y'all! I said I would update, and I did! And 250+ readers?! Holy cheese sticks! Thank y'all so so so so so much!!! I hope you liked this 296 word chapter! Till next time,
Byyeeee