One

"Students of Oakland High, please welcome your new principal, Mr. Matthews" the assistant principal Mrs. Jackson said to all of us that was in the auditorium.

Our former principal, Mr. Butler decided to quit after there were rumors that he had an affair with a student. None of us are sure if that's true but it wouldn't be shocking if so. Oakland High has a weird history of perverted adults whether it's the principal, teacher or someone else. I've never had a weird encounter with Mr. Butler but I knew something was awkward about him. The student wasn't forced but why was she attracted to the principal and why was he attracted to her? I never understood those type of situations. Hopefully, this principal scratches out that history that Oakland High had.

Oh, I should probably introduce myself. I am Marie Washington. I am almost a senior in high school. I'm not like other girls but I do tend to have anger issues. I wasn't shy but I wasn't social. I absolutely hated Oakland High. It was ghetto and the kids don't care about their education. I was committed to school like it's a relationship. A lot of kids judged me for my thickness that started turning into fat, I was judged because I didn't smoke or drink, I was judged because I still had my virginity, and I was judged because I was completely different. I was ugly to many. I was 5'7 with long brown natural hair. I'm definitely going to cut it one day when my grandmother finally approves of it.

My best friend is John, he's also about to be a senior. We tried going out with each other before but it was extremely awkward. I guess it wasn't meant to be. We've been friends since 7th grade. He can be the complete opposite of me. He got in trouble with the principal a lot, he was definitely a fighter, and he had a huge habit of talking back which almost got him kicked out by the principal.

A taller black man that was wearing a shirt and a black tie walked onto the stage. He was a decent looking man with a low cut and waves. He looked to be in his mid-40s. Mr. Matthews was actually attractive which is something very terrible. Sooner or later the female students will consider him daddy. Watch.

"I am your new principal Mr. Matthews and I am very happy to be here with you all," he said in a deep voice. I suddenly heard a girl moan while grabbing her thighs. See? He was attractive but it's never that serious about a grown man. He definitely looked very strict but also had a calm personality. Maybe this one was okay.

"I will not tolerate any form of disrespect, there will be suspensions if I see anybody in my office more than one day for any form of disrespect" I started getting very sleepy while the new principal was talking. I didn't mean to be rude but I barely got any sleep last night. I was thinking about too much. Yesterday at school a lot of boys were messing with me. I really need to boost my self-esteem but it was hard to do that when these boys are so judgmental. The girls weren't any better.

"Sleeping while I'm talking is a form of disrespect, you should have gone to sleep early" I opened my eyes to Mr. Matthews looking at me with a stern look. Other students started looking at me and started laughing. I sat up in my seat and tuned everyone out by putting my earphones in my ear. I took them out realizing that was a "form a disrespect" as well. See I am a good girl even though I didn't give my principal a good first impression. I was trying to focus on Mr. Matthews, but I was still dozing off.

"Young lady with the glasses and yellow shirt in the 6th row, go to my office now!" I opened my eyes again and realized he was talking to me. Why does he keep looking at me when there are students moaning, cursing, and playing around? Just mess with the sleepy one right? I got up and left the auditorium as the principal wished. I didn't understand why everyone wanted to mess with Marie Washington. Everybody hates Marie.

As the time started passing by, I started playing with my hair. It was almost time for 3rd hour but I guess the assembly was still going on. I don't think Mr. Matthews would forget that he asked me to his office. No principal would ever do that. I was looking on Instagram when I suddenly heard a voice approaching the office which made me drop my phone. I saw a VERY inappropriate post on the gram and I had to make sure nobody saw that. I looked up seeing that the principal was standing over me with his arms folded. I stared noticing that he wasn't even that much taller than me.