Six

I woke up laying in a hospital bed after a clearly unsuccessful attempt of ending my life. I looked around and suddenly saw a bunch of flowers sitting on the table next to me. I started having an anxiety attack when I realized some were from Mr. Matthews. I hope he didn't try to touch me while I was pretty much dead. He could probably really care less since he was convinced that I told someone the truth about him. There were some more flowers and notes from people at school. Mrs. Jackson, Mr. Jones, Mrs. White and her husband Cameron. Mrs. White left me a longggg note. Looks like she's been through depression too. I loved her realness.

"Yo" John stood in the doorway while knocking. I rolled my eyes as he started walking towards me. He gave me some beautiful flowers and sat down on my bed. He continued looking at me until I acknowledged his presence. I did it by a smile and a roll of eyes.

"Why?" he asked. I guess he wanted to know why I was suddenly so suicidal. I was always suicidal, I just never tried it until 2 weeks ago. I should've been dead but I guess it wasn't time for me to check out yet.

"Why does it matter to you?" I asked.

"Because I feel like I'm somewhat responsible for this and I never meant to make you feel like that" You are.

"I had a lot of s**t that I wanted to tell you but your new girlfriend answered your phone" I yelled as the machine started going off. The doctors came in and forced John to leave the room. I was already feeling nervous about my return to school. I wanted to focus but I knew I couldn't.

* 1 week later

I woke up feeling hot. It was very cold and the heat was blasting. Today was Monday and it began my first week back to school. I had to assume that I was going to stay away from any negativity that could be in the universe. I got up from the bed and got in the shower. I was paranoid. I started keeping the bathroom door closed and the curtains open while taking a shower. I even had a chain on the gate to the side door. I felt like an older person. They'll do anything when it may not be necessary. I was targeted.

Today I wore a black polo shirt and khaki pants. I threw away all of my shirts because I never had any good luck wearing those. As usual I put my hair in a ponytail and I didn't decide to put any makeup on. I wanted to wear my reading glasses. I liked how I look with glasses on. I ran outside and started the car a few minutes before I wanted to leave.

* skip to school day

I was annoyed that everyone was looking at me like I lost my mind. They act as if nobody has ever tried to commit suicide before. These kids were so judgmental it didn't make any sense. It was 4th hour and I haven't seen the principal at all yet. I haven't heard his voice or his name which was a relief. I didn't have any plans of going to lunch just to avoid walking past to office. I was just going to have to eat soon as I get home. Oh yeah, me and John made up but we're definitely not together. After a few days of making me go crazy in the hospital, we were finally able to talk it out. The anger I had for him was somewhat gone. I had the courage to tell him everything but then I didn't.

It was time for lunch and I didn't go down to the lunchroom at all. It was my only way of not walking past the office. My plan didn't work because I saw Mr. Matthews on the 4th floor. It's rare for him to be anywhere else other than the office. I prayed that he wouldn't come on my side. Footsteps started approaching and I started walking away very quietly. Someone luckily stopped him in his tracks and had his back to me. It was John. As I hurried off the 4th floor, I noticed that John winked at me as if he knew something. I suddenly checked my phone and saw a text that John sent a few minutes ago.

"Principal Matthews is heading up to the 4th floor to do observations, don't get caught"

I was happy to know that John was aware of me hiding from Principal Matthews. Now I was convinced I could tell John. He was going to be the first person if I do. John has always been protective so if anything should happen, he'll be there to save the day just like now. Mr. Jones would probably go to jail if I told him. I can imagine the reactions. I decided to wait until after school to tell John. Hopefully, this wasn't going to be a huge mistake.