Capter 5

School was finally over. After another period of helping people and people being surprised I was here it was finally time to go.

As normal I walk to my car. I unlocked the car and got into my drivers seat. It was pretty hot outside so I leaned to get in the glove compartment to get a napkin to wipe my face with.

I suddenly heard steps behind me. Okay, okay don't judge me on this but I don't like people sneaking up on me. Since I'm at school I don't think someone would try to hurt me in broad daylight.

Stay calm. Stay calm. It could be one of my friends. I thought

Then why are they walking so softly and slowly. Could it be a murder? A rapist? A kidnapper?

The person took one more step too close to me and I spun around to see a startled Mark.

"Nice to know your hands are better sis." Mark said with his hands up and eyeing the gun I had.

I put the gun down and put the safety back on.

"Sorry bro. You scared me to death though."

"Like that covers the fact you pointed a gun at me. Why the hell do you even have a gun!"

"It's for protection if you haven't noticed. My dad made sure I have it just in case I ever get in a bad situation. Why were you sneaking behind me anyway?"

"I was trying to surprise you."

"Well you did surprise me. And almost got your head blown off in the process."

"Oh. So Everyone was wondering if you could come over and help with school work and everything."

"Sure. What time?"

"Maybe around 5 o'clock. Your mom is invited also if she wants to come."

"Okay. See you there, right?"

"Yup."

I turned around and put my gun back in it's case. I turn around to see Mark holding my stuff and putting it in the back seat. I said thanks and sat in my car. My brother closed my door and waved goodbye as I pulled out the school parking lot. I looked in the rearview mirror and I saw him on the phone.

I wonder who he's talking to I thought. Maybe to everyone else saying I'm coming over. It's none of my business anyway.

With that I turned on my music and focused on getting home.

******************************************************************************************************************************************

"Mom! I'm home!" I yelled as I walked through the door.

"In the living room."

I put my book bag on the kitchen table and walked across the hallway to the living room. I found my mom, still in he scrubs, sitting on the couch focused on her show on TV.

"He doesn't have small pox you ass. If he had it, it wouldn't show those kinds of blisters. Ugh." my mom yelled at the TV.

"I'm pretty sure they can't hear you mom. What are you watching anyway?" I said sitting down

"House. And I know they can't hear me. Yelling at the TV makes me feel better. How was your day and your hands?"

"My day was good. Just, you know, helping a lot of people. My hands are fully healed too. How was yours?"

It was good. Me and Mrs. Barrick talked a whole bunch after you left. But of course I had to leave and so did she."

"Well. I'm glad you like he. So I was wondering if we could go over to their house. hey want me to help them with work and stuff. It's at 5'oclock. And your invited also."

"That sounds great. Where do they live?"

"Oh My God! I forgot to ask."

"It's okay. I'll call Miranda and ask."

"Who?"

"Miranda. Mrs. Barrick."

"Oh. I see how close you guys are now."

"Well. You and her daughter are friends so we have to keep in touch." She said looking around guilty.

"Keep telling yourself that. I'm going up stairs."

With that I grab my book bag and head upstairs to my room.

My room is pretty plain. When you first walk in my desk is to the left. My bed lies in between two windows and on the other side is my bathroom( on the right when you sit on my bed) my closet( on the left) and my flat screen TV in the middle on the wall in between.

My dresser is black and my carpet is kind of Tannish( actually I didn't need to tell you that did I.).

I don't have any posters or pictures on the wall so the wall is just plain white.

I sat on my bed(which was lack and gray) and turned on my TV.

I don't watch TV much but when I do I watch kids shows.

I was watching SpongeBob Squarepants for about 20 minutes when my phone suddenly went off. I checked to see who it was but It didn't show a name.

"Hello." I answered

"Hey Brianna. It's Sandra."

"Oh hey. How'd you get my number?"

"Your mom gave my mom your number then my mom gave to me."

"Wow. Why couldn't I guess that?"

"Cause your not smart."

"Says the person who forgot what two times two is."

"Well sorry. I forgot for just a second."

"Excuses, Excuses."

"Shut up."

We were both laughing.

"So you're coming right?"

"Yup."

"Now?"

"No. Not at this exact second. I'm sitting in my room."

"oh."

"You want me to come now?"

"Yes please" she said in the voice of a little girl.

"Ugh. Fine I'll go tell my mom about how desperate you are."

"I'm NOT desperate. I just want to introduce you to everyone."

"MmmmHmmmm"

As if on cue my mom yelled form me to come get in the car so we can head over to their house.

I told Sandra I'll be there soon and said goodbye.

I headed downstairs to meet my mom in the car.

"You have everything?" my mom said once I got in. She was wearing dark skinny jeans and a blue shirt. Her hair was tied up high on her head. I could smell a little bit of perfume on.

"Yup. My phone, keys, chap stick, and purse that holds my wallet and everything I just said. I'm ready."

"Okay then." my mom said chuckling

My mom drove out of the driveway and onto the street. It seemed like she knew were she was going so I put my head phones in my ears and enjoyed the ride.