Chapter 9

I was sweating pools and my heart was racing. I tried to focus on calming my breathing down before I have a panic attack. After I was remotely calm I looked around to only be met with a pair of beautiful blue eyes filled with worry. My mom was holding my hand tightly as if she was afraid I would be taken away from her. She looked so tired and scared.

"Mom? Where am I?"

"Oh, honey. You're in the hospital. You passed out and you weren't waking up. How do you feel?"

"My head hurts and I'm thirsty."

My mom got up and walked over to a small table and picked up a dull silver pitcher. She poured water into the cup that also sat on the table. She walked over to me and handed me the cup.

I took it and practically chugged it down. My mom kept getting me more and more water since I was practically begging for it. Soon the pitcher was empty but thankfully I was no longer thirsty. My headache and sweats were also gone.

I'm going to have quite the potty break soon I thought to myself.

My mom sat back down and started to tell me how when I didn't come back everyone started freaking out.

"Everyone, I mean EVERYONE started to look for you. I started to truly go insane until Jazmine found you in some kind of music room."

"Oh." was all I could say when my mom's pager went off. I didn't know why I was just noticing that she was in her pink hospital scrubs.

"Sorry honey. I have to go. Your phone is on the side table if you want to play on it. It's fully charged and everything. Love you." At that my mom rushed out the room.

I sat up and looked around as I started to really look at my surroundings. My room looked like any other hospital room. I looked at the brown side table to see a get well card, flowers (filled with pink roses, pink tulips, and orange lilies), a get well balloon, and my phone.

I picked up the card and on the inside it said Please get well soon. It was signed by Sandra, Jazmine, Mark, Marcus, and Daniel. It was so sweet how they thought of me so much even after one day of meeting me.

One day.

All that happened was in one day. One fantastic, freaky, exciting day. I laughed at myself. I stopped abruptly when I noticed someone was in the door of the room.

It was a nurse. Her name was Stephanie but she liked to be called Steph. I know her because she works with my mom and I've seen her a lot. I was glad that she was taking care of me.

"I'm glad you're finally awake Brianna. You gave the hospital quite a scare when you came in and wouldn't wake up." Steph said looking at my vitals.

"Oh sorry." I said guilty

"No need to apologize sweetie."

I didn't really understand. Lots of people come in passed out and it doesn't put the hospital in a ruckus. Well sure I'm one of the best doctors in the hospitals child but I can see she was truly glad I was awake. It didn't make any sense at all

 Once Steph finished checking me and asking me questions I grabbed my phone so I can play some games to pass the time. 

I started to hyperventilate. .The beeping on the machine sped up to the beat of my heart. The date said Friday. I passed out on Monday. I wasn't so freaked out about that. What came after was what caused me to almost have a heart attack.

It explained why the hospital was so worried about me and why my mom was so scared when I saw her when I awoke.

The date said Friday, September 30.

I was out for more than a month.

A/N

Sorry for the short update but I really wanted to start a new chapter. I'll get on it as soon possible. Thanks for reading and please vote and comment.

**** Open for suggestions for what should happen in the story. If they're good then I might use them sometime in the book. *****