4 - My End And My Beginning

iLyna_chAn appreciates you for reading her story, she thinks you are an AMAZING PERSON, she says THANKS to you for all your VOTES and wishes that you ENJOY the story as you read on.

Edited By silentscarlettt A member of the Asian Fantasy Community on Wattpad.  

RECAP

He suddenly remembered all the recent events that have happened particularly seven days ago.

He was summoned not because his family missed him or at the very least his father wanted him to be a part of his life, No, that wasn't their reason for dragging him to the Lei Manor, they only desired for him to take part in their schemes which will eventually lead to his end but also to his beginning...

Chapter 4- My Beginning And My End

It was late at night and even the chirping of the birds had gone silent and seemed to be asleep. Jiang was no different as his eyes were closed and he was drifting through dreamland, except he was suffering from a recurring nightmare that haunted him ever since his mother's death.

For years, once he closed his eyes, he would see the image of his mother passing away before his eyes and him, unable to do anything. It kept him very awake for the majority of the nights which led to constant sleepless nights and tiresome days.

This particular day, nothing was different, but Jiang was startled awake when he heard loud knocking—which was more like banging—on his door. He turned to look and saw two hefty-looking men walking toward him with scowls on their faces. Jiang's pitiful door, that barely held up, was now lying on the ground broken to pieces.

Jiang was certain that these men were Earth Elemental Martial Spritus. Cultivators in this world were referred to as Elemental Martial Spritus or Elemental for short. One that had an affinity with an element was titled based on that element and their abilities.

Earth Elemental Martial Spiritus were usually bulky, masculine, hefty-looking men or women. The Earth Element that was both considered a blessing and a curse for either gender. Men prided themselves in being Earth Elementals, but women didn't because it made them look like men and very masculine.

"Who are you? Why are you here?" Jiang questioned them. He knew that the strange men weren't here to play but Jiang wasn't scared. In the face of such danger from such people, Jiang was never scared.

They didn't speak but grabbed Jiang by both his two arms. The strength of their arms wasn't scarce at all, in fact, Jiang felt like his bones were about to be crushed at any moment, especially if they kept squeezing. Their hold was very painful, but Jiang refused to cry out. To him, crying out doesn't do anyone any good, it just makes one's abusers pleased and inflicts more pain.

The men dragged Jiang all the way to the Lei Manor. His knees were scratched and bleeding, about to buckle, but Jiang still didn't cry or whimper.

By the time they stopped moving, Jiang was already in his father's study. "Master, we are back." One of the guards stated. Jiang never thought that he would step foot in this forbidden place again but here he was.

"Leave." General Lei strictly ordered, and the guards bowed before going out the door.

Jiang looked at the man who was supposed to be his father and realized that General Lei did not bother to lift his head to look at his supposed son even for a second.

General Lei didn't even bother to reprimand his servants for treating his own flesh and blood in such a harsh and animalistic way.

Jiang wondered if the man in front of him was truly his father, but he knew that the answer was yes. Jiang didn't know why, but he felt it. But didn't understand why the General treated him like so.