Chapter 4: The Cravings

Jester opened the top drawer of his dresser and grabbed a deck of playing cards out of it.

"I don't know man that's kinda hard to believe if you ask me." Just as Jester finished his sentence, a guard by the name of Griffin walked into the doorway of the cell.

"Group therapy is starting in three minutes. Are y'all ready to go?" The guard asked. Jack and Jester both exchanged a look that read 'We'll talk later' and then nodded to the guard. Griffin stuck his head out into the hallway and nodded to two other guards. Already knowing the routine, Jester and Jack put their wrists close together in front of them as they waited for Griffin to cuff them both. Once cuffed, the three guards helped lead the Jack, Jester, and Robert to the group therapy room in the West Wing where all the West Wing patients already were seated in a circle of plastic yellow chairs.

As Jester entered first through the doorway, everyone kept their eyes on him. His lime green hair and height of six foot four made it hard for him not to be noticed. Richard and Jester quickly exchanged grins as a greeting. Jester sat down farthest away from the door, his hands still being cuffed for safety. Jack followed close behind, keeping his eyes on the floor that seemed to hold the slightest amount of dirt. The room was silent, everyone's eyes were stuck on the doorway, waiting for someone else to come in.

On one side of the broken circle sat Cara. Her legs were folded over one another, making her look professional as she held her clipboard in hand. Her fitted black skirt stopped just above her knees, exposing her near to flawless legs. She shifted her glasses further up the bridge of her nose with a polite grin as she waited for the boys to be seated.

Robert sat next to Jack, not knowing how to act so simply stayed silent.

Sylvia's lips formed a small grin that showed slight nervousness. Everyone's eyes shifted to her as she began to speak.

"Umm, hello. I'm Sylvia." She hesitated to continue her introduction, looking around the room at everyone in the circle, noticing Jester whispering something to Jack. "I am twenty-one and my favorite color is purple." As she finished her sentence, Sylvia took one last glance around the room, noticing both Jester and Jack's attention stuck on her. Her eyes met Jester's. It's cold, lifeless color stunned her, sending shivers down her spine. As the two concentrated on each other, Jester flashed his usual psychotic grin that made Sylvia paralyzed, not knowing how to react. She wanted to run, straight out of the room but at the same time, she wanted to simply stay like she was and continue staring into his eyes.

Richard sat next to Sylvia, his grin from listening to Sylvia still remaining on his face as he began his own intro.

"I'm Richard, twenty-five. And my favorite color is red." As Richard sat, his eyes moved back to Sylvia who was now staring back at Jester. "You okay dear?" he asked, whispering as the next person introduced himself.

Sylvia's attention slowly transitioned onto Richard with a scared look. She nodded in response. Richard could tell that she was lying but felt that she should simply calm down.

Sylvia's attention again shifted to Jester who still seemed to be whispering to Jack.

"She keeps staring at you. It's making me awkward." Jack whispered to Jester with a confused look in which he flashed to Sylvia.

"I'm telling you, man, I'm going to scare her to the point of having to work with me. She'll be trembling by the time I'm done." After about five patients introducing themselves, it was now Robert's turn.

"I'm Jack. I'm nineteen but don't lower expectations. And my favorite color is white." Jester flashed his usual psychotic grin as his lips separated, him beginning to speak.