Chapter 9: She's Back

Meanwhile, Robert, Jack, and Jester all sat inside their cells in max. Thompson sat in his barred protective cage with his feet propped up on his desk as he obnoxiously ate potato chips, smacking his lips and chewing loudly. Every once in a while he would look up from his phone to scan over the patients who seemed to be acting perfectly. Jack looked at Jester who shuffled his "lucky" deck of cards. The edges of each card were bent and delicate yet he would always insist to use the same deck.

"So, you think Richards gonna break?" Jack asked calmly as he counted his hidden narcotics that he would later sell.

"I don't know, he's really spaced out. I haven't seen him this bad except for that one time Dr.Cara caught that nose bleed while in group." 

Robert lifted a brow as he overheard Jack and Jester's conversation. "What's wrong with him?" Robert asked, getting up from his stiff bed and leaning against the wall near the barred entrance to his cell-like room. 

"I figured you'd know by now bright one." Jack snickered.

"He's a cannibal but, not a cannibal." Jester replied, now setting himself up a game of solitaire.

"That makes no sense." Robert said.

"Cara explained it to us like this; Richard's family were Native Americans and believed in this monster ghost thing that would possess a person to crave human flesh or blood. And Richard seemed to always believe that this "Wendigo" character, as he calls it, was possessing him to want to  drink blood. So now when he sees someone bleeding or something, he goes all crazy and starts spacing out." Jack explained.

"Look, i'm not trying to be mean or anything but I feel like that's just a sorry excuse for wanting to be a little kinky."  Jester said bluntly then winked, sending a smirk to Jack who chuckled lightly in response. 

"So you're telling me that if I were to somehow start bleeding, Richard would start acting all weird and possesed?" Robert asked.

"Yup."

Robert smiled. Standing up, he made his way back to his bed, covering himself with his thin itchy blanket.

The next day came fast, with the usual morning vital check and room search. Before anyone knew it, the whole group of misfits were sitting at the breakfast table conversating. 

"So how was your first night in the lovely Riverdale asylum?" Jester asked, sitting diagonal to Sylvia. 

"It was, okay." she replied. "I couldn't go to sleep at first but then they gave me some medicine that made me pass out. Other than that my only problem was the fact they keep it like twenty degrees in here at night." she said giggling.

"You'll get used to it." Jack said, eating his fake excuse for eggs.

"Wheres Aeron?" Richard asked seeming exhausted. 

"Still sleeping, he had a rough night last night, they moved him to our wing. We were talking before bed and when they told him to go to bed he said he needed to talk to me or someone would come after him. I don't know I just feel bad now. I feel like i'm the reason he freaked out." Sylvia said frowning slightly as she took a bite of a thick, heavy, whole grain pancake.

"Well, you are." Jack said bluntly. Jester immediately elbowed him in the shoulder. 

"No, he does that all the time, don't worry yourself." Richard explained.

"I wonder if they gave him booty juice?" Jester chuckled.

"Booty juice?" Sylvia asked, nearly forcing milk from coming out of her nose from giggling.

"Yeah, that's what we call it. It's for when you act up or get in a fight or such. They'll hold you down and give you a shot in your right ass cheek and before you know it you're out like a light." Jack paused. "One time Jay here had got into a argument with his best friend Thompson and got three doses of booty juice because he wouldn't calm down. Dude slept for a full forty two hours." 

Jester simply smiled at the remembrance of that night. Sylvia giggled lightly, "What was the argument about?" 

Jack was the one to answer. "What wasn't it about. Those two despise each other."

Jester smirked looking at Jack. his attention then shifted to Sylvia as he explained his own side of the story. "Look, I have to admit, it was somewhat my fault. But who can blame me? Thompson was where he usually was when on duty outside. He stood in the right far corner of the gate smoking a cigarette with his good buddy Roger. Well time passed and next thing you know, Thompson ended up with a broken cigarette and a small circle burned into his neck."

Sylvia's eyes widened at the story. "How didn't he notice you coming?" 

"I've got my ways."

"Yes he does." Jack agreed.

Robert could be seen walking from the food line toward the table where Jester and Jack sat. Sitting down next to Sylvia he smirked. "There's a new girl who just got admitted. I don't know what wing she's in but, wow is she hot."

The mentioning of a good looking girl immediately caught Jester's attention. "What she looked like?"

"Dark red hair, blue eyes, about five-six." Robert spit out.

Jack smirked evilly and looked at Jester who seemed frozen in anger. 

"She's back." Jester said bluntly.

Jack remained silent though he nearly slipped out a chuckle.

"You knew about this." Jester said, looking angrily at Jack. His grip on his plastic silverware tightened rapidly, making the tips of his fingers turning a pale color from restriction of blood flow. "You fucking asshole, you knew about this!" Jester said getting more angry.

Richard looked at Jester concerned, "Hey man it'll be alri..."

"No fuck off!" Jester said cutting off Richard. 

"C'mon you know if I would've told you, you would've went off the deep end." Jack said, swallowing his food.

Sylvia simply watched as the scene unfolded. It was soon that Jester had calmed himself and the end of breakfast dawned over them.