Energy Drink -- Part 1: The Quest

AN: This chapter involves a karate national match actually, and I am not so familiar on how it is held (I sort of used the martial arts tournament in Dragon Ball Z and Tekken as a guide XD but then the movie Karate Kid also gave me an idea about the rules XD so I hope you can bear with me, hehehe XP Hope you enjoy this chappie! ^_^ The ones surrounded by many worms and some sharps # (#~~~~~#~~~~~#) above and below are flashbacks, alrighty? :p

------------------------------------

The day has finally arrived.

The ever glamorous-though-ordinarily-dressed Kudo twins were walking their way towards the nearest train station. Their destination was none other than Matsumoto, a city in Nagano Prefecture where the National Interschool Karate Tournament is going to be conducted.

As they strolled, the younger twin had been enthusiastically looking around, as if everything they passed by tapped his interest. Meanwhile, the older one had been staring ahead seriously, with his hands placed inside his jacket pockets, as if walking really requires that much concentration.

"You okay, Chichi?" Kaito suddenly spoke; excitement was obviously steaming out of him.

"Where in the world did you get that name?" Shinichi raised a brow at him, his lips in a half-hearted smile.

The younger one merely replied with a childish grin.

Silence reccured between the two, leading Kaito into the idea of cheering up his might-be-sad-for-some-reason brother.

Having no other instant ideas in mind, he tried the cutesy acts and started singing in a random tune while marching like a toy soldier, "I'm going to watch Ran~ beat up all the people~ I'm going to watch Ran~ beat up all the people~ I'm going to watch Ran~~"

Shinichi accepts the fact that his brother definitely has a damn lovely voice, but the lyrics of his song - not to mention the repetition of those lines - was somehow disturbing for him! But it was indeed effective in diverting his mind from his previous thoughts, as he tried to think of ways to stop his brother.

This went on for a while until the happy-thoughts-filled Kaito remembered, "Hey, I haven't told you about my plan with Aoko yet!" In a snap, he was like an excited puppy with a wagging tail and hanging tongue. As he stuck his face in front of his brother, his fists were shaking in front of his chest as more excitement molecules reached his brain. His exceptionally enthusiastic expression made his brother realize that he really had to listen or else the younger one might die with excitement overflow.

"What plan?" Shinichi finally replied, smiling very weakly.

Upon hearing his brother's show of interest, Kaito jumped away from him and started his flashback.

"You see, I've done a lot of my schemes already but this is one particular event yesterday..."

#~~~~~#~~~~~#

It was afternoon in Teitan High gym, and we were practicing the entrance and positions of the characters in the play when I heard my Aoko said,