One More Day

AN: I decided to cut the supposed 4th chapter into two. ^_^ because if I won’t, it would be oh so long. XD Thanks, windtamer01 (now I got your name right XD) for being my impromptu beta reader! ^^ haha! n.n Hope you enjoy this chapter, everyone! ^^ don’t forget to leave a review/comment! XD *grins*

#####################

“Please…”

“I’m not sick anymore.”

“Yeah, but please? One more day…”

The Kudo twins were having their breakfast on the dining table of their westernized big house. Although they were almost done, they took pleasure in munching and digesting their food at a snail's pace, not hurrying as a reward for themselves for waking up 30 minutes earlier than their supposed wake-up time. They were already in their blue uniform and proper roles but one was whining and asking for an irrational favor.

“Shinichi~” Kaitou exerted the most convincing sweet tone he could give. With palms put together and a blue comb in between them, he pleaded once again, “Please… let me be with Aoko for just one more day…”

“I can’t,” Shinichi replied blankly while flipping the page of the newspaper he was reading. Without turning his eyes away from the article that had caught them, he reached for his cup of coffee and took a sip.

“Mou~” Kaitou pouted as he turned back to finishing his Kaitou-special sandwich. He was indeed in the mood to play the role of the younger brother when in fact, their ages were just a minute and seven seconds away from each other. “Why can’t we switch today?” he asked, face resembling that of a worried child.

“Because there’s no reason for it,” was the immediate reply of his impassive twin.

Kaitou continued sulking and began lecturing to the sandwich in his hand, “My brother is cruel… Don’t ever talk to him again.” But knowing that there was no reason as well for them not to switch roles, he kept on trying. “Even if I will owe you a big favor, you won’t agree?” he said to Shinichi with a pinch of bribery in his tone, his heart slightly pounding in excitement.

Shinichi smirked in response. “You’re really into that girl that much, eh?” He decided to finish his sandwich either before it started calling him a cruel brother or before he ran out of time to ask Kaitou the things he was curious about.

“Hey, wait a second.” The younger one popped enthusiastic all of a sudden. “You owe me a favor!” he proudly said. “When I played the piano for you, you said you owe me one.”

Shinichi shook his head, the confidence seen on his face made him look more pitiless. “We agreed that I only have to do well in your classes in exchange for your piano performance. Well, I stayed there the whole day, literally, even if I was sick, and I did pretty well in all of your works. Plus, you were with Aoko the whole day in those two days!”

Kaitou frowned at his defeat. Still hopeful, however, he spoke softly, “Well, then let’s make a new deal. Ask whatever you want.”